2019 Mazda CX-5 2.5T FF 5w30 6230 mi

Congrats on the CX-5. Good choice. Results are what I'd expect. What oil did you switch to? Also how did you break-in the engine? Just curious.

leeharvey418

Hey, thanks. New fill is vanilla Mobil 1 5w30. Next fill will likely be Harvest King full synthetic. This fill saw a very high percentage of highway miles, probably 70-80% of the total. I subscribe to the 'drive it normally without being stupid' theory of engine break-in, and the CX-5 was no different. I've recently heard about the benefits of compression braking when seating rings - Mazda's transmission logic will downshift if you're riding the brakes down a hill, so the engine got a fair amount of that without me having to put it in manual mode.

leeharvey418

Originally Posted by diyjake
I would try 5k OCI to try to keep the viscosity from getting so thin.
Yeah, this fill will definitely get a UOA. I want to see if the factory fill was maybe thinner than what they recommend for continuing fills.

Originally Posted by leeharvey418
Hey, thanks. New fill is vanilla Mobil 1 5w30. Next fill will likely be Harvest King full synthetic. This fill saw a very high percentage of highway miles, probably 70-80% of the total. I subscribe to the 'drive it normally without being stupid' theory of engine break-in, and the CX-5 was no different. I've recently heard about the benefits of compression braking when seating rings - Mazda's transmission logic will downshift if you're riding the brakes down a hill, so the engine got a fair amount of that without me having to put it in manual mode.
The M1 5w30 is a great choice for a turbo. I agree with your break-in approach and it looks like you have no oil consumption. smile