2019 Lincoln MKT Livery (Ford Taurus/Ford Explorer) vibration at 70 mph

I was getting a vibration at 70 miles per hour. The vibration would start at 60 mph and then the peak seemed to be right at 70. I had the wheels/tires Hunter Roadforce balanced by two different reputable tire dealers. It seemed to improve things a little but there was still that vibration. My MKT is right at 49000 miles or 1000 miles away from the factory warranty expiration.

First, I went through the internet and there was a consensus that this issue might be related to the driveshaft or rear differential but not the tires/wheels. Many owners got a Roadforce balance which did not solve the issue.

Second, since Im 1000 miles away from the warranty expiration I decided to place it in the dealership where I left them with a letter stating I thought it was the driveshaft. They called me up and said they are replacing the driveshaft.

Many owners in years past also stated that when the dealership replaced the driveshaft it did not cure the problem entirely. Some owners stated the entire rear differential needed to be replaced. While some others stated even with both replaced there still was a vibration problem although not as much as before.

Finally, there are Lincoln MKTS out there which have been bought back under the states Lemon Laws as a result of this vibration and the dealerships inability to fix it. Thus the best an owner can do is Roadforce Balance the wheels/tires. Replace the driveshaft and possibly the rear differential. However, that might not solve the vibration problem.

Wouldn't a specific Ford web site be better to solve these problems that BITOG random opinions?

So the issue was resolved with a new driveshaft? Not sure if there is supposed to be a question in here or not.

Between this and the many threads on the Navigator, I'd suggest you move away from Lincolns.

I am in the right place with these posts as if they are placed on a Ford website I will get banned for Ford hating. This will not be my final post on this vibration issue. As with all of these issues its a drama which seems to unfold with time and there never seems to be an end. My purpose of putting these posts here is to help like minded owners with similar vehicles find a solution to their problems. Now if you think the solution is to buy GM I can tell you I had nightmarish issues with a 2016 Chevy Suburban. The only real escape is to buy a Toyota.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CT8
Wouldn't a specific Ford web site be better to solve these problems that BITOG random opinions?

And here I thought most everything on this board was a random opinion.

The NVH tool would be ideal. I read somewhere a dealership had replaced nearly everything and still couldnt fix the vibration.

In one youtube video one guy on an MKX or an Edge had found the vibration in a drivers side rear upper control arm. So like I said when I feel a vibration or hear a noise I know nothing is simple on the car. Im going to kick back and watch how it unfolds.

I cant possibly imagine buying a Ford without a 150k warranty.

My Brother had a similar issue with a 2016 EB mustang he bought new... as in the transport plastic wrap was still on the seats/steering wheel/shifter/etc when we test drove it... Dealer(s) either couldn't, or wouldn't find the problem.
He got the typical "they all do that", or "that's Normal" type run-around lines.

it annoyed him enough he ended up trading it in 6 mos after buying it( of course taking a huge bath in the process...)

Last edited:
Back