2019 Lexus GX460 (1UR-FE) Castrol Magnatec (green bottle) 0w20 @ 8310 miles and Mobil 1 AFE 0w30 @ 5504 miles

1674694339879.jpeg

Last column is Mobil 1 AFE 0w30, then
Castrol Magnatec 0w20
[prior reports - Rotella gas truck 0w20/0w30 blend plus swepco 502; Pennzoil Plat 5w20 plus ceratec; Toyota factory fill 0w20]

Last edited:
Looks pretty good. So you had some old stock of magnatec? Stuffs about gone now. Or at least relabeled to the new silver bottle full syn that many suspect.

Fe wear has settled; others are low enough to be just noise. Desirable results now that break-in is done.

Off-topic ... how's the fuel mileage? I've heard these SUVs are pretty thirsty. Can you share what you get city and highway?

That seems par for what I've seen in other sources.
I would seriously consider one of these, except the mileage is poor and the tank isn't very big, and so highway travels call for lots of stops.
Overall, incredibly smooth and reliable engine, mileage not withstanding.

Funny, every time I see a UOA of AFE 0W30 it seems to end at around the viscosity the car is spec'd for, even with high flashpoints/low fuel. I've seen it stay in the 10s cSt in cars that are spec'd for 30 grade and drop into the high 8s and low 9s for cars spec'd for 20 grade. Maybe just a coincidence, but interesting nonetheless. Good looking UOAs!

That seems par for what I've seen in other sources.
I would seriously consider one of these, except the mileage is poor and the tank isn't very big, and so highway travels call for lots of stops.
Overall, incredibly smooth and reliable engine, mileage not withstanding.
If you drive on flat roads alot, i hear it crests 23 mpg.

Fe wear has settled; others are low enough to be just noise. Desirable results now that break-in is done.

Off-topic ... how's the fuel mileage? I've heard these SUVs are pretty thirsty. Can you share what you get city and highway?

Beat me to it. Love so much about that vehicle....MPG is a harsh kick in the (add your own term ;)).

On a truly flat or slight downhill, right after an oil change, I might see 22 or 23 on the instant avg. But, over time always comes back to 17 to 18 in normal highway driving.
Well, that makes sense, TBH. After all, this is essentially a 5200 lb 4x4 truck with an old-skool v-8 and 6 spd trans. A beautiful and fancy truck, but a truck none the less. 17-18mpg hwy probably is what she can muster. And that wouldn't bother me so much if it had a larger tank; the range is just not great for long hwy trips.

Last edited:
Back