2019 Kia - Fuel overflowing at fill up

Happens every time I fill up. If I set the fuel lock on the pump, when it fills up I get several ounces that spill down the side of the vehicle? What's the problem?

Could be vehicle related somehow. What are you driving? I’ve never had a problem with that out here. Pumps cut off well before spillage can occur. No self serve here in Jersey. Always have to tell the attendant “No top off” cause they try to round it up if you’re paying cash because auto shut off occurs so prematurely it allows room for forcing more in. Perhaps select a lower flow rate on the nozzle.

Could be vehicle related somehow. What are you driving? I’ve never had a problem with that out here. Pumps cut off well before spillage can occur. No self serve here in Jersey. Always have to tell the attendant “No top off” cause they try to round it up if you’re paying cash because auto shut off occurs so prematurely it allows room for forcing more in. Perhaps select a lower flow rate on the nozzle. pressure builds up in the tank.this pr
i don't think it's the pump its his car. gas is continuously circulating ,over time the pressure build up becomes excessive, particularly when hot tank meets cold gas. your is spitting up you

My F150 is in the shop right now for this same exact problem.
The Ford tech pulled my vapor canister and it was full of gas. Seems like it happened from me "topping off" the tank a few times. I knew that you should ALWAYS stop filling after the first pump click off, but sometimes I kept filling to the top of the fuel neck.
He blew out the canister with air for about 10 minutes and reinstalled it. I sure hope it works, because a new canister is anywhere from $150-$400+. :eek:

I had a recall of my 05 Dodge Durango. FUEL TANK FILLER TUBE INLET CHECK VALVE MAY NOT FULLY CLOSE AT THE END OF REFUELING.

i don't think it's the pump its his car. gas is continuously circulating ,over time the pressure build up becomes excessive, particularly when hot tank meets cold gas. your is spitting up on you. there are are mechanisms to relieve pressure and burn the fumes in the engine. research, vent valves, purge flow valves for your specific vehicle . sometimes it is a pain to visit dealer unless the provide you with loaner car

Happens every time I fill up. If I set the fuel lock on the pump, when it fills up I get several ounces that spill down the side of the vehicle? What's the problem?
i do this all the time in 2005 buick century 2005, never spillt drop. but i was chasing an evap issue and first fix, change the gas cap, when to aap who is selling carquest boxed part, installed and about a week later, after always turning to first click the cap fell apart, no way to gas up.i drive to aap to demand refund an to have somebody assist me, the woman manager on duty looked at me like a dear in the headlights, i told her to get all the store tools and meet me at the car, with a collection of grips, slip joints etc i got the piece out replaced my original factory cap and went to fill up at the closest station., never buy cheap parts ever

Thanks everyone. Yes, it happens every fill up and I have used different stations. Looks like I'll be making an appt at the dealer soon.

Back