2019 HYUNDAI KONA - IRONMAN EDITION, NEW DETAILING CHOICES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I can't imagine a full grown adult driving around in a vehicle with comic book logos all over it.

I agree. It's a bit going overboard.

Plymouth had the Roadrunner but that was subtle and it had a meaning. This, well it's a joke. Is this vehicle going to drive up the sides of buildings or fly?

Haha all that's missing is a cape hanging off the back :p

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I can't imagine a full grown adult driving around in a vehicle with comic book logos all over it.
I agree. It's a bit going overboard. Plymouth had the Roadrunner but that was subtle and it had a meaning. This, well it's a joke. Is this vehicle going to drive up the sides of buildings or fly?
I prefer the Star Wars edition Smart Car for picking up chicks.

starwars.JPG

Originally Posted by HYUNDAIFAN0001
this is a very limited edition and will likely become a "collector" unit for those folks into the Ironman thing.
Has RDJ recently traded his R8 for a Kona? What did I miss?

I'm a Marval and Kona 1.6T Fan.....just not a mash of both. But i know there are people out there who will love it.

Looks like it needs a full Nu-Finish polish, like the junkyard commercials...........

But the good news is, the "water still beads" afterwards.

When can I order the "Breaking Bad" Winnebago?

Gonna swing back by the Hyundai dealer. I spent three minutes in there trying new stuff on the floor. Noticed the Kona with flat paint, but not the Iron Man edition. I would buy the paint job if I didn't have to maintain it. A super hero edition of anything for this geezer. No thank you.

Originally Posted by Chris Meutsch
Looks like it needs a full Nu-Finish polish, like the junkyard commercials...........

Rep points, if they had 'em. Same with the Starwars Smart Car.

That was never a "real show" anyway...so the Winnebago folks said heck no.
15.gif

Originally Posted by csandste
Gonna swing back by the Hyundai dealer. I spent three minutes in there trying new stuff on the floor. Noticed the Kona with flat paint, but not the Iron Man edition. I would buy the paint job if I didn't have to maintain it. A super hero edition of anything for this geezer. No thank you.

You may or may not see one...they are limited edition.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Matte paint. Do you wax it? Does it attract dirt?
That "rick case" sticker could just come off the back I guess. Hate it when DD's (dumb dealerships) think they can defile your paint like that.

Yeah...agree with that...they remove them if requested (as I did).

Originally Posted by KrisZ
I'm not sure I would want to be a rolling commercial for Marvel even if they were paying me for it, but paying extra for this is ridiculous IMO.

Good point. If they pay someone $300-$400/month for sporting those ad sheets that cover your car and are then peeled off, they should be paying me to advertise the franchise. Maybe something like the Hyundai mileage debacle a few years ago...give me a debit card that gets funded every month as spending money courtesy of Marvel. If they cover vandalism and give me cash every month, I might be incentivized to allow them to put every Marvel character and franchise name all over it.

That is the trigger and you just pulled it.
lol.gif

Just to understand the last few posts...

So when people where branded T-shirts...that's a problem for some folks.

So when people run around with the Apple logo on stuff...that's a problem for some folks.

So when every car that has a brand badge or license plate holder in several places on it...that's a problem for some folks.

Guess what...nearly everyone these days is a walking or driving advertisement. I doubt Nike, Adidas, Apple, Starbucks, Levi's, University/College, a College or Professional Sports team, etc. is sending any of you fine people a royalty check.

The people who buy a vehicle of this type are fans. As a limited edition item, it will continue to go up in value to fans. That is both nothing new nor unique to just this case.

I would not buy one...but if it were fitted with the decor of something of which we were a "fan"...maybe...

The car does look cool.
------- I'd rather not have the "Marvel" word on the hood, too obvious-flashy. ..... That should be easy to cover up though, some black tape or gray tape.
The "IRONMAN" letters actually blend in pretty well, and could be interpreted by someone as the driver is a Tri-Athlete, vague enough.

I thought it was going to be jacked up on all terrains...

[Linked Image]

I suppose a suggestion that painting it would be the best way to detail it would be frowned upon?

Last edited:
At least it looks different from just about everything else out there. Some very high end cars have the same finish. Just saw a new Lexus GS F-Sport with a similar finish. And it was almost 3x the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back