2019 Golf R Oil Analysis

Just noticed you have a IS38 Sportwagen 4motion...that is awesome!! Must be a sweet ride. Basically a US Wagon R
Yep, as close as we can get using the 1.8. I even have the R wagon r. valence/diffuser and quad tips! This thing rips. 1/4 mile best so far is a ~12.3/111 and 0-60 is about 4 on the nose.
20201101_165725 (1).jpg

Last edited:
That is sweet!
Thank you! It's been a blast so far. Had it just over 2 years/50K miles. These were the deal of the century - the basic Sportwagen came in the S trim with the option of 4Motion and choice of the DSG or 6-spd (along with a few winter package-type adds like heated cloth seats, mirrors, and washer nozzles). This was $19K new before TTL. Unreal. These guys were on it when it hit in 2017:

Instant Cult Classic - '17 VW Golf Sportwagen 4motion Manual (superstreetonline.com)

Thank you! It's been a blast so far. Had it just over 2 years/50K miles. These were the deal of the century - the basic Sportwagen came in the S trim with the option of 4Motion and choice of the DSG or 6-spd (along with a few winter package-type adds like heated cloth seats, mirrors, and washer nozzles). This was $19K new before TTL. Unreal. These guys were on it when it hit in 2017:

Instant Cult Classic - '17 VW Golf Sportwagen 4motion Manual (superstreetonline.com)
You really need to put VR6 into that since you are willing to spend money on that car.

You really need to put VR6 into that since you are willing to spend money on that car.
Have a 3.6 VR in our Atlas and it would certainly sound better but would be slower/heavier. Now that I have this W8, I have all the sound I need!

tint.jpg

Well yes. I mean transverse VW are already understeering a lot, and VR6 would not do you any favors. But, it would be interesting vehicle.
For sure! The larger RSB does help quite a bit with the understeer.

Back