2019 duramax l5p; Delvac 1300 15w-40 3k mi

That's so weird to me. Do you think by any chance optimize fuel treatment would cause copper to go up? I was using it but I discontinued after this past oil change. I want to see if it has any effect. I doubt it though

Its very entertaining if you think about it. GM pay engineers and and uses resources they dont really have to create an oil life monitor that doesent work properly in this specific vehicle. So they send out a mailer to revert back to the 1980's and say to change oil @ around 7500 miles or around 300 hours until they figure out whats wrong. So now, they have to pay engineers more money to reinvent the wheel.

Well they obviously changed something and for a reason because the earlier l5p's weren't doing it. Who knows, we're just the guinea pigs right

[Linked Image]

Anyone have any insight on this report? All my numbers started going up much higher.

I'm not certain, but the turbo may have copper components that wear as it breaks in. You could pull the intake snorkel and see if the turbo has excessive play.

Back