2019 chevy 1500 diesel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already see how this will go:

I'd like a 2019 Silverado 1500 regular cab, long box, 4x4, with the Work Truck trim.

I'd like it with the WT convenience package, the snow plow prep package, the LT rated all-terrain tires, the integrated trailer brake, the trailer tow package, along with the bed trailering (5th wheel) package.

Oh, and I'd like it with the diesel engine as well....

Wait, what do you mean by 'no'? I'm building a tool here. not a toy.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I already see how this will go:

I'd like a 2019 Silverado 1500 regular cab, long box, 4x4, with the Work Truck trim.

I'd like it with the WT convenience package, the snow plow prep package, the LT rated all-terrain tires, the integrated trailer brake, the trailer tow package, along with the bed trailering (5th wheel) package.

Oh, and I'd like it with the diesel engine as well....

Wait, what do you mean by 'no'? I'm building a tool here. not a toy.

Would that be found in a 3/4 ton? I'd think a 5th wheel would just plain work better in a 3/4 ton to begin with. More payload and LT tires.

*On LTZ or High Country trim levels only.

Crock of garbage when they do this stuff. Like the 2.8 Duramax in the Colorado.

Can't you get a little regular cab plain Jane 4x4 M/T Diesel. Guess not.

Originally Posted By: JEL01
Still waiting for the Tundra, Tacoma, and/or 4runner diesel

I'm kinda hoping for a Suburban diesel....
If they actually go through with this, they will have an engine that will naturally fit in the Suburban.

Problem is that this diesel half ton will probably be no more than a light duty 2WD truck and will probably come as a long cab standard, since that's what the market demands these days.
The last time GM offered a diesel half ton, it had no tow rating at all.
This thing has suburban commuter/ mall crawler written all over it.

Was that guy trying to talk in regional language or just mangling the english like a fresh off the boat foreigner?

The GMC 6.2 in my sig cost $16K new in '93 when the State of Ohio bought it, it was a pretty stripped down model new, only options were automatic transmission and floor mats. Granted the 6.2 is slow, but it has towed a 6000 pound trailer with little trouble. That truck new, if you could even buy a stripper SL/work truck package now, would likely top $60K for a 1 ton SRW.

Originally Posted By: racer12306
and it'll cost $50k

Gas powered already costs that..............

Originally Posted By: CKN

Gas powered already costs that..............

No kidding.... I don't see HOW new vehicles actually sell?

I balk at spending $10,000 for one.

Toyota actually had a 3/4 ton Tundra Diesel in final stages of development in 2008, then the economic crash hit the auto industry and Toyota shelved their plans to produce it. The Isuzu engineered, developed, and tested diesel engine was ready to go (Toyota owns an interest in Isuzu and paid-for the diesel's development). Too bad. I have not heard any new news about this from Toyota recently.

Originally Posted By: wag123

Toyota actually had a 3/4 ton Tundra Diesel in final stages of development in 2008, then the economic crash hit the auto industry and Toyota shelved their plans to produce it. The Isuzu engineered, developed, and tested diesel engine was ready to go (Toyota owns an interest in Isuzu and paid-for the diesel's development). Too bad. I have not heard any new news about this from Toyota recently.

For that matter, what happened to the widely rumored Subaru and Accord diesels?
Is it that by the time you brought them into compliance with US emissions regulations, they'd be too expensive in a land of cheap fuel to make any economic sense?
In the days of IDI fully mechanical diesels with turbos slapped on, one could end up with a very easily maintained engine with decent power and good fuel economy.
I pity the owners of current diesel vehicles and I wonder whether they make any economic sense.

Toyota, Subaru, Honda, Nissan, and Mitsubishi ALL have diesels available in a variety of different vehicles that they produce, they just don't sell them in the US.

That was exactly the point I was making.
None of these diesels are sold in our land of cheap fuel since they'd make no economic sense.
There was a time when diesel cars and small trucks were readily available here, but that was back in the eighties and they were all IDI engines.

As much as I like diesels, I don't think these will be very popular. These aren't the diesels of old which had fuel economy and longevity benefits over the gas options. These are very complicated and expensive vehicles to operate and maintain. In my area diesel is still significantly higher than gasoline at the pump, so it would take a big difference in fuel economy and operating costs to make one worthwhile. That difference simply isn't there anymore with all of the emissions control systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back