2019 911 Carrera T - M1 5W50 - 1621mi OCI - TRACK USE

It looks like my Carrera T is holding up well to track use. I've switched oils a few times (all Porsche A40 approved):

1) dealer-fill Mobil 1 0W40
2) self-fill Motul X-Cess 8100 5W40
3) self-fill Mobil 1 5W50

There are few miles on the engine, and my OCIs have been short due to track use, but it seems that Mobil 1 5W50 is working well. It's MUCH cheaper than Motul X-Cell 8100 5W50 and I needn't worry about steering out of range like Mobil 1 0W40.

Note:
  1. The latest sample is missing a value for aluminum. I've asked Blackstone why that is.
  2. The jump in lead coincided with filling up with gas at the track. The "unleaded" gas likely wasn't completely unleaded.
Thoughts appreciated.

Capture.jpg

Pretty consistent results. As long as you use the Porsche approved oil, you're good to go. The 40 grade oils dropped to the 30 grade and the 50 grade M1 dropped to the 40 grade. Not surprised based on the spread in viscosity due to the VII's, but it shouldn't be a concern.

Pretty consistent results. As long as you use the Porsche approved oil, you're good to go. The 40 grade oils dropped to the 30 grade and the 50 grade M1 dropped to the 40 grade. Not surprised based on the spread in viscosity due to the VII's, but it shouldn't be a concern.
wide viscosity .

M1 5w50 looks good to me in there. I'd stick with that. Weird about missing Al value but not too surprising. Maybe try Polaris labs next time for better analysis.

Thanks for the comments, all. I got an updated file from Blackstone that reflected the previously missing aluminum value. Since I don't daily the car my plan is to keep using 5W50. It'll only be driven when ambient is about 40F.

Attachments

• Latest UOA.jpg
    Latest UOA.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 54
Thanks for the comments, all. I got an updated file from Blackstone that reflected the previously missing aluminum value. Since I don't daily the car my plan is to keep using 5W50. It'll only be driven when ambient is about 40F.
M1 5W50 had the biggest drop in KV100. I think M1 5W40 that you can find at Wal mart might be a good compromise.
Are you at HPR?

Here's my latest. I did a ton of track days in 2021, but only one track day in the last year. I changed the oil this time based on an annual interval, not mileage or hard usage. Seems the results are pretty consistent with the Mobil 1 FS X2 5W-50 regardless of how I use the car or how often I change the oil.

Attachments

• Latest UOA.jpg
    Latest UOA.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 78
When the car is out of warranty HPL 0w40 or 5w50 supercar oil would be my choice. 👀

I like Poeches. They feel comfortable an at home kind of It fits me kind of feeling..

Back