2018 VW Sportwagen 65.5K 4.8K OCI Mobil 1 FSx2 5W40

TiGeo

$50 site donor 2024
That iron still hanging in a touch higher than before but nothing I'm worrying about. Who knows. Climbed a little bit after the new turbo and hasn't settled down like before. Sill seeing low SiO2 with that open intake/K&N. Went back to Liquimoly Molygen this time after trying 3 of the popular Wallyworld oils the last 3 changes - M1 0W40, QSUD 5W40, and this M1 5W40 (in order). Viscosity drop is in-line with what it always is. No consumption at all this go around like normal. Driving the same - aggressive with lots of high RPM/elevated oil temps (no track use). Fuel is 93 and typically I run 2-3 gallons of ethanol for a roughly E22-ish blend.

OilReports-page-001.jpg
Capture.JPG

OK folks, this is the TiGeo exhibit......ummm... ok, nothing sensational here but good maintenance and low wear plus another UOA that K&N doesn't necessarily destroy your ride. OKAAAY, lets get going folks, keep the line moving. On to the next exhibit. Is that OVERKILL checking out another EV?? Wow! looks like a Taycan! ....let's go take a look. 🍻 ;)

OK folks, this is the TiGeo exhibit......ummm... ok, nothing sensational here but good maintenance and low wear plus another UOA that K&N doesn't necessarily destroy your ride. OKAAAY, lets get going folks, keep the line moving. On to the next exhibit. Is that OVERKILL checking out another EV?? Wow! looks like a Taycan! ....let's go take a look. 🍻 ;)
Wins.

5pe7f9.jpg

Hold on, I haven't posted my latest detail...

🤣

Does all that ethanol lead to corrosive wear ?

Changing oil brands left and right ?

Oh brother.
E20-ish....it will all be fine.....

What is the issue with switching oil brands...they all have the same approvals? That was the whole point of this excersise...to see if the UOAs looked different or anything else jumped out.

E20-ish....it will all be fine.....

What is the issue with switching oil brands...they all have the same approvals? That was the whole point of this excersise...to see if the UOAs looked different or anything else jumped out.
In the spirit of the other posts,
I was just looking for nits to pick.
Your UOAs trend nicely.
:giggle:

Back