2018 VW Golf Sportwagen tuned etc. 60.8K/QSUD Euro 5W40 3.7K OCI

It's a higher density synthetic oil with less VII. Redline 5W-30 and 5W-40 are their best offerings, as the rest of them are either too thick or just meh. It's a track oil, not meant for long OCI. Oxidation will go up fast, and TBN drops pretty quickly as well. Since you're already doing short OCIs, it might be worth a try. That being said, your wear numbers look normal and within margin of error from UOA to UOA, so I don't know if it's worth spending the money on that stuff. Quaker State 5W-40 did better in your car than M1 FS 0W-40, so that's something 😉👍

Slightly longer run but I agree the QS appeared to hold up better than the Mobil did.

It's a higher density synthetic oil with less VII. Redline 5W-30 and 5W-40 are their best offerings, as the rest of them are either too thick or just meh. It's a track oil, not meant for long OCI. Oxidation will go up fast, and TBN drops pretty quickly as well. Since you're already doing short OCIs, it might be worth a try. That being said, your wear numbers look normal and within margin of error from UOA to UOA, so I don't know if it's worth spending the money on that stuff. Quaker State 5W-40 did better in your car than M1 FS 0W-40, so that's something 😉👍
Ok got it. Yeah, I don't need a track oil for my daily routine for sure. My OCIs should go up a bit here back to the 5-7K range I was doing way back when. I have some M1 15W50 I was going to run at the HPDE I do in the fall. In the end, I'll likely just go back to the Liquimoly products/additives I was using before trying the different oils as of late - I like the kits and I get them for free and they all look to work about the same anyway. I was just glad to see my iron number start to trend back to single digits this time - the new turbo just took longer to break in looks to be about it. Also nice to see that my dreaded K&N/open intake continue to report back v. low SiO2 at 5 ppm.
Capture.JPG

Base alltrack with leakfree non sunroof. Will be unitronic stage 1 when i get around to flashing it.
You'll freakin' love it. When I did Unitronic St1+ I was blown away. Or you could save yourself all the hassle and just go FBO IS38 and be done with it...hahahahahaa. It's glorious.

The base Alltrack is what I'd choose as well, the S Alltrack is equipped more like SE's in the other VW's. Plenty enough options for me and no problematic sunroof either.

The base Alltrack is what I'd choose as well, the S Alltrack is equipped more like SE's in the other VW's. Plenty enough options for me and no problematic sunroof either.
I drove the base S Alltrack as well as my Sportwagen S w/4Motion when I bought mine. Agreed; base is best here and VW has great/feature-laden base models in my experience.

I bought some and for use in the 2015 F150 2.7 which I have been running 5W-30 of which ever oil is on sale and and the 2018 F350 which has been running M1 0W-40. Th0se results seen nice especially considering a higher out put engine.

Your UOAs/VOAs are a gem to the community. You've spent a lot of money and shared your resources here so i thank you.

QSUD faired well. M1 dissapointed but your splitting hairs at these PPM levels if I'm being honest . Keeping up with your threads , Molygen 5w40 has performed perhaps the best with more miles.

I've got M1 0w40 in my 95' Cobra currently. Next im considering Molygen 5w40 or PP euro 5w40.

Keep it up Ti.

Your UOAs/VOAs are a gem to the community. You've spent a lot of money and shared your resources here so i thank you.

QSUD faired well. M1 dissapointed but your splitting hairs at these PPM levels if I'm being honest . Keeping up with your threads , Molygen 5w40 has performed perhaps the best with more miles.

I've got M1 0w40 in my 95' Cobra currently. Next im considering Molygen 5w40 or PP euro 5w40.

Keep it up Ti.
Thank you - I like the data so a win-win.

I have read here that HTHS is thought to decrease at about half the rate of shear cst@100. Not sure what's that based on. Going by the UOA here, if the starting HTHS of QS 5w40 is 3.6 (guessing) it's now about 3.4 in this sample.
That's based on the premise that the thinning is due to permanent shear of the VI improvers. VII doesn't play a very big role in HTHS, but base oil viscosity does. It won't apply if the thinning is due to fuel dilution which thins base oil.

Back