2018 VW Golf Sportwagen DSG 40K UOA

TiGeo

$50 site donor 2024
Interesting, not sure what to base it on but BS says it's fine. I did a virgin of the Liquimoly 8100 I put in so will be interested to see/post that. It's been driven hard with lots of launches etc. over the 40K. The car is tuned with aftermarket bits/bobs so it's pushing more power than stock. The DSG also runs aftermarket software for tighter shifts, better shift points, more clamping pressure, and more control in general.

40K DSG UOA-page-001.jpg

Interesting--thanks for posting!

Honestly, the wear numbers seem pretty high for 40K? While there aren't a lot of UOA's out there on this transmission, that's about double the iron (ppm per mile) of the ones I've seen on the factory fill.

I know that the DSG tunes are generally sold as helping reduce wear, but this does make me wonder a bit.

I have the 7 speed DSG, and this makes me feel pretty good about my plan to do an early drain and fill (despite the interval going out to 80K on the DQ381).

Interesting--thanks for posting!

Honestly, the wear numbers seem pretty high for 40K? While there aren't a lot of UOA's out there on this transmission, that's about double the iron (ppm per mile) of the ones I've seen on the factory fill.

I know that the DSG tunes are generally sold as helping reduce wear, but this does make me wonder a bit.

I have the 7 speed DSG, and this makes me feel pretty good about my plan to do an early drain and fill (despite the interval going out to 80K on the DQ381).
I've driven it hard and it runs/shifts smoothly. No idea and haven't looked much for other similar UOAs. It's not a hard service so maybe I need to drop that interval a bit. That iron seemed high to me as well.

well, considering there are plenty of folks with tuned R's on the DQ250, I doubt you'll have any issues. It's a reliable transmission.

I had a GTI w/the Unitronic tune (ECU/TCU) prior to my R, and the transmission was amazing. Two drive wheels was less amazing...

Since most wear happens during the first 10-15K miles, I think keeping the interval the same is fine. Question though: what % of fluid do you get out when doing a change on this transmission?

well, considering there are plenty of folks with tuned R's on the DQ250, I doubt you'll have any issues. It's a reliable transmission.

I had a GTI w/the Unitronic tune (ECU/TCU) prior to my R, and the transmission was amazing. Two drive wheels was less amazing...

Since most wear happens during the first 10-15K miles, I think keeping the interval the same is fine. Question though: what % of fluid do you get out when doing a change on this transmission?
No clue. I followed the shopdap.com DIY and filled from the bottom.

Yeah, high-powered FWD wheel spin city!

Back