2018 VW Golf Sportwagen 48K 3K mid-OCI peek Liquimoly Molygen 5W40 after track weekend/new turbo

I am putting out about 360+ (depending on temp/quality of fuel/whether I splash in some E85) at the crank which will translate to just north of 300 at the wheels (awd). Best was 384 crank/318 wheel calc'd off scale weight and 1/4 mile trap speed.

I know it's AWD but just wondering if you had traction issues with that power and certain tyres, or does any tyre do with the AWD?

I know it's AWD but just wondering if you had traction issues with that power and certain tyres, or does any tyre do with the AWD?
I don't have traction issues with high-performance all season tires at all.

Cool. I only have traction issues in 1st with my FWD on crossclimates or summer tyres (0.85G ish), but the winter tyres give traction issues 1st and second gear (both reduced to 0.6G).

didn't expect you to have issues with decent tyres, but with something less maybe.

Cool. I only have traction issues in 1st with my FWD on crossclimates or summer tyres (0.85G ish), but the winter tyres give traction issues 1st and second gear (both reduced to 0.6G).

didn't expect you to have issues with decent tyres, but with something less maybe.
Even on a more basic grand touring all season like it came with, I had zero traction issues in the winter.

But that was before the big turbo and big power?
No - when I had the first upgraded turbo (IS20/GTI model) - again, awd really sorts it all out for you. FWD is a different story.

I love those haldex clutch systems, differentials never wanna slip!
Getting the United Motorsport Haldex tune this month - stock setup limits power transfer to stock levels so now that I am at double that, likely only getting a portion of the full 50% potential transfer to the rear. This should sort that out.

Fast station wagons are always fun bcs. other people disregard them. I had Lancia Lybra 2.4JTD station wagon. That thing was so fast, and would always make other feel they need to engage in some kind of race with me bcs. station wagon.
I had to quote this just for that car. Had the cheap Fiat version (Marea weekend) and loved it. Also the 5 cyl JTD is 🥰
/I'm out now

typical fake synthetics starting with a more viscous 0W or 5W is using that viscosity the REST is viscosity improvers to reach the warm running temp, BUT for example a real engineered synthetic 10W30 meets the 10W spec even thou its actually a 30W! PAO + Ester base oils are costlier but worth it when you push it. oil analysis DON'T show whats really going on as noted by savagegeese a pro on his vid the motor oil|fine print + misconceptions

Back