2018 Outlander PHEV 2500miles Magnatec 5w-20

Hello folks. Have been absent for a long time.
Here is a UOA from a new to me car that was purchased past July.
After reading the manual I had a concern about recommended 7.5k or 6-month OCI, so I suspected fuel dilution probability. (And wanted to see why compared to our other car, Chevy Volt where recommended OCI is by OLM or 15k miles/2 years.
This UOA confirmed it. However, I don't recall for how long engine ran before I took sample, maybe it ran only for handful of minutes. Numbers look good other than fuel. We don't have a regular commute as of now, working from home for the past 2 years.
Not sure if I will have around 2500 on oil after 6 months and if I will do that exactly at 6 months, we have firstborn on the way in the next couple of weeks (so obviously changing oil will not be a priority :) )
The plan is to use up all 20 weight oils I have left in my stash, and then feed it 30 weight oil stash. (I think that engine takes up to 50 weight in other markets and applications) .
1641596732698.jpg

They infer fuel dilution not directly test for it and IMO seems to be underreported regularly.

Take it for a 20-30 min highway drive right before the change.
Yeah I could do that. Battery will have to be somewhat depleted and need to hit charge button, so it forces engine to work constantly, otherwise it will switch back to ev mode under low load even on hwy …

And congrats on the impending offspring! Some advice: sleep as long as you can every night until the delivery, it will be a long time before you get to do it again.:sleep:

How does the Outlander compare to the Volt in day to day use?
Thank you! I’m used to be awaken at nights often and start thinking fast(24/7 support role, just switched to different role). Saw advice to try to sleep when baby is sleeping.

Actually bought it from vroom, never test drove prior, and love it.(but watched many videos about it) I drive my Volt less and leas now. (It replaced Wife’s 2015 Focus sedan).
Outlander is a different beast. About same battery size as Volt, but 23 miles range vs 38 (size, weight, awd). Much more roomier, more comfy (seats, less bumpy), awd. It acts differently. Volt will always run on battery, you floor it and it will just go (and pretty quickly especially in sport mode, I believe it is around 300 torque that comes instantly). And it will keep going until battery level is low or you force it to hold or mountain mode to charge battery. If you floor Mitsu it will turn on engine to get you going. Slower than Volt, but definitely faster than prius and similar. If you to switch it to EV mode, it takes more to depress pedal to get gas engine going, but it will still do it(guess for reasons where you have to accelerate fast).
If you leave as is, it will pick diffraction modes. Running engine as generator and supply power to electric motors and battery, run engine to run drive front wheels, or run on battery. Manual says car will pick most efficient mode based on driving and conditions.

I got the same 2.3% fuel result on my Outlander PHEV, and was looking around to see if it was normal. I changed my oil cold, and don't remember when the motor ran last. Kinda sounds like the high fuel content is somewhat normal and something to just watch for over time.

Back