2018 Ford Edge

My wife and I are looking for a suv for her. She is really diggin a 2018 Ford Edge with the 2.0 turbo 4 banger and awd. Anyone here with experience with them? Also open to other experiences with similar suvs. Thanks

I'm curious, too. Thinking about replacing my Camry with a medium sized SUV. The Edge will fit in my garage. We have a Rav4. It does what it does very well but I'm looking for something more refined. Prices are $$$$ for any late model SUV. The 2014 RDX V6 isn't too expensive and looks pretty good.

I have 4 Edge trade-ins that I basically can't give away, 4 on the lot right now.
They are appliances, no fun to drive.
V6 Cherokees never last long long.
RAV4s do well - go Hybrid is my strong suggestion. Completely transforms the 2019 RAV4 and newer.
Grand Cherokee is the gold standard imo. 2019 and newer.

My wife and I are looking for a suv for her. She is really diggin a 2018 Ford Edge with the 2.0 turbo 4 banger and awd. Anyone here with experience with them? Also open to other experiences with similar suvs. Thanks
My ex gf had a 2016. We broke up when it had about 85k miles on it. She bought it at around 70k. Service history showed bad axle seal and a few other things. During her ownership the Ford Sync went out, and both wiper motors died. Otherwise, it was an enjoyable vehicle. Build quality was just typical Ford, though. My cx5 was way better assembled and felt like a swiss vault when I traded it in at 80k vs the rattly ford. Id recommend a cx9 over it.

I have 4 Edge trade-ins that I basically can't give away, 4 on the lot right now.
They are appliances, no fun to drive.
V6 Cherokees never last long long.
RAV4s do well - go Hybrid is my strong suggestion. Completely transforms the 2019 RAV4 and newer.
Grand Cherokee is the gold standard imo. 2019 and newer.
Agreed. My Prime, I have zero of the typical rav complaints with. Hybrid ftw

I like the looks of them and the 2.7 EcoBoost would be a real sleeper. Dependability is not stellar from what I have read & seen. There's also this to consider:

The Ford Edge and its more luxurious twin, the Lincoln Nautilus, will be discontinued after the 2023 model year, according to Automotive News. Both midsize crossovers are in their second generation, a design that dates back to the 2015 model year.

I like the looks of them and the 2.7 EcoBoost would be a real sleeper. Dependability is not stellar from what I have read & seen. There's also this to consider:

The Ford Edge and its more luxurious twin, the Lincoln Nautilus, will be discontinued after the 2023 model year, according to Automotive News. Both midsize crossovers are in their second generation, a design that dates back to the 2015 model year.
The edge ST is deceptively slow for all its power, sadly.

No personal experience here but I can tell you we take a lot of those in on trade at work and they sit on the lot for a long while before selling even now when cars are in short supply. I had to do a battery in a 2018 one today and it sucked it’s halfway under the cowl. So they don’t sell and they are hard to work on. It’s been on our lot 4 months.

The edge ST is deceptively slow for all its power, sadly.

I don't consider 5.7 seconds 0-60 slow at all, especially for a grocery getter/soccer mom car.
My RAV4 V-6 does it in 6.4 which is quite respectable in my eyes.

I inherited a 2018 Ford Edge 3.5 AWD model. Wife liked it so we kept it and she drives it daily. It is good transportation, an appliance like Danno mentioned. Yes the battery is mounted in a cave. Will be a bear to replace. I'll keep it until the warranty expires and trade it. Only has about 23K on it now and two more years on the bumper to bumper.

Would I buy a new one? No.

images

Love mine. Hated a rental I had. Overall, it's very functional for a family of three. Fits nicely into the garage, has plenty of room inside, and corners and performs well in the suburban jungle. I once looked at moving to a '20 ST, but this one is a keeper. Felt dirty doing so.....

Bought my wife a 17 SEL in February which is essentially the same vehicle. She drove a lot of contenders and liked the Edge the best. Between Edges I found the V6 to be much smoother and quieter than the 4, as well as better suited for pulling our boat.

She says it's her favorite vehicle she's ever owned. We've not had a single issue with it but have only had it 8 months and about 10k's worth of use. Gas mileage is poor on the V6 though.

I don't consider 5.7 seconds 0-60 slow at all, especially for a grocery getter/soccer mom car.
My RAV4 V-6 does it in 6.4 which is quite respectable in my eyes.
The ST has 335hp/380tq and an 8 speed. I really expected better of it considering this. Also, the quarter is in the 14s at under 100mph. The 280hp Stelvio beats it. The 250hp cx5 hangs with it. Not impressed vs its paper data.

The Ford edge...an answer for a question nobody was asking. A poor seller almost from inception.

Back