2018 F150 STX, merry Christmas to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last Monday I traded in my 2014 Super Cab STX for this 2018 Crew Cab STX in Magnetic. I just couldn't handle the supercab door configuration now that I have a kid and have to get into the back seat all the time. Having seperate rear doors is soooooo much nicer.

2018 F150 STX , Magnetic, 5.0, 10 spd trans

20181217_210238.jpg

20181217_210245.jpg

Nice Truck. Congrats. I recommended the 5.0 to a buddy of mine that bought an F150 as well. Give us a review of the 10 speed after you have had it a while.

Last edited:
Very nice truck. I love my 2014 Ford crew cab. You could get a small refrigerator in the back seat area if you had to. I see you bought the 5.0 liter engine which I believe to be a wise choice.

Originally Posted by E150GT
That's sharp. I love the reg cab too. Never was a fan of the extended cab.

Me too ... but out of 40 F150 RC's only one had a locker on a 4WD ... and not a good price on that one ... hence a Chevy ...

Scabs are good until you have kids.
They do work, but a Screw is so much nicer, and once they get older it is nice to not have to open the front door for them to let themselves out of the back.

Is that a new new truck or a used new to you?

Originally Posted by blupupher
Scabs are good until you have kids.
They do work, but a Screw is so much nicer, and once they get older it is nice to not have to open the front door for them to let themselves out of the back.

Is that a new new truck or a used new to you?

It's a new truck. I've had it a week now and already have a little over 400 miles on it.

Originally Posted by AdRock
Thanks guys.

It'll be getting PP 5w30 every 5k with either an FL500s or a NAPA Gold 7502

thumbsup2.gif

FWIW I went 10k on mine (following OLM) and the oil was in good shape to go further; 5k is likely conservative for the Coyote.

Yeah, I'm sure it can go 10k without a problem. However, something within my being will not let me go more than 5k. I actually start having anxiety about it, lol. So I decided a long time ago that I might not be using the oil to it's full potential but I'm perfectly ok with that.

Enjoy the truck. Looks nice. I've very much enjoyed my 2016 Supercrew with the 2.7. Doing roughly 7500 mile oil changes on it (25% on OLM). The only one who needs to be happy with the engine choice is you.

Very nice choice in every way! Would love a review of the engine trans combo.

I currently own a 09 5.4L Lariat, and drive company vehicles an ‘11 3.5L EB and ‘18 2.7L EB, all are supercrews.

By far, I prefer the 5.4L V8. (I have a 5 star 87 octane tune in it to address the throttle issue) (the throttle plate only fully opened over 4500, was really killing the real world mid range power/torque)

Note: my second fav is the 2.7 EB. It's revvy and smooth, while still making plenty of power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back