2018 Equinox 1.5T Edge EP 0W20 5,400 OIC

Matt, I have 2020 1.5T and did 2 uoa, 1st was pennzoil the 2nd Royal Purple. I posted it here. RP report was excellent in my opinion.

Yeah I thought about it but those wear numbers make me unconcerned. I'm curious how it will do with a normal interval without running high boost half way across the country does.
UOA's only capture particles within a narrow size range. I'm more concerned about the condition of that filter element - something seems amiss here.

UOA's only capture particles within a narrow size range. I'm more concerned about the condition of that filter element - something seems amiss here.
Yeah I agree about the filter that's why I did particle count. The Fram Ultra off my Mirage didn't look good after 1k miles. I won't be buying Fram again. Microguard Select was installed and I have another one on deck. I like your PP uoa. I might try that after the M1 AFE. What mpgs did you get with the PP? Idk what carvana put in mine but I have not gotten as good of milage with Edge EP or AFE as what they put in it. They used a carquest premium filter and it looked good coming off with 4k miles on it.

Can’t argue with numbers like that.

Also, a reasonable (not ridiculously short) change interval.

The only thing not to like is the price.

I got on average 28 mpg with Pennzoil pppp and about 30 with RP. Same route over time. I have my last Pennzoil from stash in the Enox now, and will run it for 5000 miles there abouts.

The imagination is a powerful thing. Here is someone who knows a lot more than I do about the difficulty of measuring real-world fuel economy. Also without using a standardized BTU test fuel you're already blown out of the water because the energy density of gasoline varies quite a bit even at the same gas station.

Maybe try it sometime. Run your tires 5psi low for half an OCI and see if you can measure MPG change. Do it multiple times if you like, and see if it's repeatable.

I'll help you: You can, and it's not your imagination.

Back