2018 Civic Si, 38573 on car, 3039 on Super Tech 5W-30

2018 Honda Civic Si
38,573 miles on car
3,039 miles on oil (Super Tech 5W-30)
3,039 miles on oil filter (NAPA Gold)
9,790 on air filter (NAPA Gold)
+ 9psi over stock tune
LOTS OF SHORT TRIPS
Posting mainly as a courtesy to the community but this seems to be a really good match although I'm going back to Redline 0W-20 for winter
Prior report is here: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/2018-civic-si-26-027-on-car-3-256-on-rl-0w-20.326423/
oilreport.jpg

Looks good. Idk about that 0w20 plan though… I’d stick with 5/30 or maybe 0w30 if you watch something different.

Iirc, Oil Analyzers used to stop reporting precise fuel dilution amounts at 5%, the highest you’d see on a report was >5%. Guess they’ve adjusted to the TGDI era, but man that’s a lot of fuel dilution.

Iirc, Oil Analyzers used to stop reporting precise fuel dilution amounts at 5%, the highest you’d see on a report was >5%. Guess they’ve adjusted to the TGDI era, but man that’s a lot of fuel dilution.

The Civic Si is boosted +9psi over the stock boost of 17-18psi so it’s dumping in quite a bit of fuel for all that air.

Doesn’t seem to hurt anything… yet, but I sure as hell wouldn’t own one of these with all the fueling issues Honda has been having since they released the turbo charged 1.5L & 2.0L. Always best to wait till they iron out the nonsense, if possible.

Seeing stuff like this is why I can't stand to take my Cruze over 5k. I tend to short trip and I am targeting around 21PSI of boost, but see 14+ frequently with normal driving.

The Civic Si is boosted +9psi over the stock boost of 17-18psi so it’s dumping in quite a bit of fuel for all that air.

Doesn’t seem to hurt anything… yet, but I sure as hell wouldn’t own one of these with all the fueling issues Honda has been having since they released the turbo charged 1.5L & 2.0L. Always best to wait till they iron out the nonsense, if possible.
Most of the time I run stock boost levels. The +9 is tied with Sport mode and even then I generally don't push it, particularly in the summer. I think most of the excess fuel dilution this run was due to all the short trips :|

Honda has had 5 model years to iron out the nonsense so this may be as good as it gets.

Back