2018 Charger Hellcat 12,000 mile update

Status
Not open for further replies.
My toe was off from the factory and i should have gotten an alignment. My PZeros had some uneven wear, but wasnt terrible. Before I got comfortable with the Dodge dealership, I didn't want people driving it or felt uncomfortable leaving it to get checked out under warranty. So, I decided on the PS4s and went that route. I am sure if the Pzeros were Hunter Road Forced they would have been fine. I haven't done a burnout in it, though thought about it on my way to get PS4s installed.

I get a few waves from folks, but it is kind of a sleeper car relative to the Hellcat Challenger IMHO. I had a Lamborghini pull up in the fast lane while I was in the middle lane, but not sure if he waved or saw me wave as both our windows are tinted. Can't complain and hope it continues to be great long-term for me.

Last edited:
Beautiful car, I regret not going for the Hellcat. I just broke 12k too and only averaging about 17 MPG. All that additional power without a mileage penalty! Not like we buy these for fuel economy anyway...lol. It's all about the huge smile you get on your face every time you're behind the wheel.

Originally Posted by mbacfp
I do have kids, but I saw this meme and made me crack up.

[Linked Image]

Take care all.

LoL. I do both of these.

Very nice. I really like the sleeper status, as my SRT draws waaay too much of the wrong kind of attention.

Originally Posted by 02SE
Very nice. I really like the sleeper status, as my SRT draws waaay too much of the wrong kind of attention.

Do have have any stickers , NHRA type rear spoiler or crazy paint job on your SRT that attracts attention ?

Is it yellow, green or red by chance? Otherwise they seem to blend in pretty well.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice

Do have have any stickers , NHRA type rear spoiler or crazy paint job on your SRT that attracts attention ?

My SRT GTS Viper does have some of the ACR aero elements and wheels, brakes and tires installed, but not the ACR's big wing, as that slows the car down too much. It's great for a roadcourse, but if you want to do the Silver State Classic Challenge for example, it kills your top end.

It's black, with forced induction, and a freer breathing exhaust system. But it's not obnoxiously loud, just slightly louder than stock in fact. I think it's just the fact that it's a Viper. It can't blend in as another sedan rolling down the road.

We recently had a cat on the dyno. Yep crazy fast car. Once we got it in performance mode. The owner had never had it in the performance mode prior to dynoing it. Beautiful car in that white!

02SE, nice. Any pictures? Awesome car.

Thanks, it's been fun. Sorry, no pics on my phone, and we won't be home for awhile. Enjoying the last race of the season, then we'll be riding some of the snow-free roads.

Always been a car enthusiast and fortunate enough to own a Hellcat. Not sure what the future has in store for V8s, but personally feel they are going away. I know Mercedes is going from a V8 in their C63 AMG to a 4 cylinder with some electric assist or something like that. For better or worse, things are likely changing over the next 10 years. For now, enjoy the V8s while they last. Take care all.

02SE, nice. Any pictures? Awesome car.

Thanks, it's been fun. Sorry, no pics on my phone, and we won't be home for awhile. Enjoying the last race of the season, then we'll be riding some of the snow-free roads.

No problem. Enjoy and be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back