2018 Charger Hellcat 12,000 mile update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hit 12,000 miles last night on my 2018 Charger Hellcat. Car has been a real treat so far. I had mentioned having a slight vibration between 77-80mph. I replaced the tires with Michelin PS4s and is smooth as can be. I have no modifications and plan on keeping stock. It is daily driver, though I do trade off with the Durango periodically. At half a tank and computer says 17.9 MPG. Hope everyone is well.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice car. I'd probably get into trouble with that much power. The 392 would be enough for me.

Originally Posted by dareo
Nice car. I'd probably get into trouble with that much power. The 392 would be enough for me.

Thanks. Appreciate it.

Nice!

I only have 2,500 miles on my SRT. Between long and nasty winters and general lack of time, I don't get to drive it much.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Nice!

I only have 2,500 miles on my SRT. Between long and nasty winters and general lack of time, I don't get to drive it much.

Thanks all. Quattro Pete, have you experienced any vibration (though slight in my case) around 77-80mph? Curious as I've heard others have had this problem too.

Have a great weekend.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by mbacfp
Quattro Pete, have you experienced any vibration (though slight in my case) around 77-80mph?

Not that I recall.

18MPG in a 700HP car is pretty good.

And that last picture looks familiar - are you in NorCal by any chance?

Originally Posted by nthach

SoCal...Ventura County.

Originally Posted by paoester
Does your Hellcat get the Mopar (Pennzoil SRT Ultra) 0w40? High moly in that one.

Yes, PUP 0w-40. Found a great Dodge dealership and I get it serviced there. About 3,100 miles on oil...change due in late December. Plan on getting a UOA for kicks. Will share it down the road.

Originally Posted by nthach

Did a couple on ramp pulls on way home.

Down to 17.2 MPG.
57.gif

I do have kids, but I saw this meme and made me crack up.

[Linked Image]

Take care all.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by mbacfp
I had mentioned having a slight vibration between 77-80mph. I replaced the tires with Michelin PS4s and is smooth as can be.

Well then go 81+.
banana2.gif
Why not just get them balanced under warranty?

You could have bought two Camrys...
lol.gif

Glad you drive it daily. Do people on the street recognize it as a hellcat?

New tires at 12k miles... Is that your doing burnouts or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back