2018 BMW M240i Oil

Chill dude, no need to get excited.
Just poking fun since you didn't state your intention with your original post.
How are we to know your intentions from your vague message?
🤷‍♂️
Besides, I drive a Honda. Who am I to criticize anyone on their ride?!
o_O
I thought my intial post was enough: "looking for oil recommendations". I also stated my use case to help narrow it down.

🤷‍♂️
o_O
I am not sure what is not clear in his first post.

I thought my intial post was enough: "looking for oil recommendations". I also stated my use case to help narrow it down.
And what was wrong with what you had in it before?
Did you do an oil analysis? if so, did it outline issues you are hoping another oil will address?

Did you do an oil analysis? if so, did it outline issues you are hoping another oil will address?
It is track vehicle. UOA goes only so far. People go through 10 different oil brands in one track season, bcs. it is hobby. It is warmer around the heart.
There is saying: “assumption is mother of all screwups.”

It is track vehicle. UOA goes only so far. People go through 10 different oil brands in one track season, bcs. it is hobby. It is warmer around the heart.
There is saying: “assumption is mother of all screwups.”
Thank you for your input, but my question is directed to the OP.
Your post is also based on "assumption".

He was just asking for a recommendation as is normal, since factory oil may not be up to track use. I’d suggest you stop trying to make up questions to deflect from your being called out for being a jerk earlier.

🤷‍♂️
o_O
What about his first post is ambiguous?

I would choose a Euro 5W-30 with HTHS >= 3.5.
Mobil 1 5W-30 ESP euro or Castrol Euro 5W-30 would be my 2 top choices.

20 weight oils have severe limitations on engine protection due to their low HTHS = 2.6 which is only adequate at best.
The best 0W-20 oil will always be worse than the worst 5W-30 oil in terms of engine protection due to HTHS of each.

Nothing is "wrong" with it, but I'm no expert. That's why I turned to this forum. I was hoping to get a recommendation for my use case since I don't want to end up destroying something because I wasn't using the correct oil. It was achieved (PPE 5W40)

I would choose a Euro 5W-30 with HTHS >= 3.5.
Mobil 1 5W-30 ESP euro or Castrol Euro 5W-30 would be my 2 top choices.

20 weight oils have severe limitations on engine protection due to their low HTHS = 2.6 which is only adequate at best.
The best 0W-20 oil will always be worse than the worst 5W-30 oil in terms of engine protection due to HTHS of each.
The LM 5W30 oil he is using already meets that need w/r to HTHS based on the approvals it has.

Someone here is jealous.
It is a forum. If you have a problem with people asking questions and the way they do, and others answering, you really do not need to chime in. We would be fine.
I'm not jealous.
I could easily afford his toy, but it's not what I value in a vehicle.
Maybe you should chime in when you are asked to, instead of making "assumptions" of what others are looking for?

He was just asking for a recommendation as is normal, since factory oil may not be up to track use. I’d suggest you stop trying to make up questions to deflect from your being called out for being a jerk earlier.
Just calling it as I see it bro. No need to get your undergarments in a bunch.
My "made up" questions were simply re-iterating what others were already asking. After posting them again, OP finally clarified what he wanted. So it's a win-win for everyone.

If you don't like my posts your welcome to use the "ignore" feature.
Don't worry, you won't hurt my feelings :)

Last edited:
I'm not jealous.
I could easily afford his toy, but it's not what I value in a vehicle.
Maybe you should chime in when you are asked to, instead of making "assumptions" of what others are looking for?
Easily?
I already chimed in. You didn’t even find appropriate to read a thread.

Just calling it as I see it bro. No need to get your undergarments in a bunch.
My "made up" questions were simply re-iterating what others were already asking. After posting them again, OP finally clarified what he wanted. So it's a win-win for everyone.

If you don't like my posts your welcome to use the "ignore" feature.
Don't worry, you won't hurt my feelings :)
He immediately said he wants something for a track.
He obviously wants better assurance, as he can’t afford that car “easily “ like some.
The longer you go with this, the deeper you are digging hole. Just move on. Your only posts in this thread are about posturing.

This thread is as fun as watching my wife's Thai soap opera's.

To stay relevant; I'm in the Euro oil if seeking to change, but nothing wrong with what he's already using camp.

He immediately said he wants something for a track.
He obviously wants better assurance, as he can’t afford that car “easily “ like some.
The longer you go with this, the deeper you are digging hole. Just move on. Your only posts in this thread are about posturing.
Digging a hole? how so?
If you read my post, you'd see OP replied to it.
Now we're all benefiting from other's oil suggestions.

Like i said above:
"If you don't like my posts your welcome to use the "ignore" feature.
Don't worry, you won't hurt my feelings :) "

Last edited:
Back