2018 4Runner 1GR-FE, CITGO SuperGuard 0W-20, 9808 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

AP9

I had changed oil, but not filter, at 4676 miles.

Looks like a weak additive pack in this Citgo Superguard. Also considering the fact that Citgo ripped me off with their bait-and-switch rebate scam, I think this will be both the first and the last time I ever use Citgo oils.

UOA 31jul19.png

Last edited:
Add pack doesn't look that bad compared to M1. http://www.pqiadata.org/Mobil1_0W20_dexos.html

Wear metals are always high on a new engine. It is seating the parts and once they machine/polish themselves into place they should drop to a low level and stay there.

Give it 20K miles to reach that point. Copper (bearings/bushnigs) and Silicon (cylinder walls and seals) should be leveled off by that point. I would change at 5K OCI until it does that so I could monitor the fall off rate if you are nervious. My wifes 14 sienna V6 with the 2GRFE engine runs 10K OCI with no issues at all. Oil still looks good at the end of the OCI. I use M1, PP, QSUD or Valvoline (whichever is on sale or rebate for < $12/jug)

Supergard is D1G2 licensed. It's a fine oil.

You have a good looking report, things are trending well for a new engine.

Weak compared to factory fill I'd say. Perhaps not "horrible" though. Lower titanium, boron, and molybdenum, with similar (statistically insignificantly lower) levels of the archetypicals: zinc, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium. Unless those were in the form of break-in metals from alloy steel? Doubt it though.
Overall I'm not concerned, was originally considering maybe I should have dumped the factory oil earlier or changed the filter. And sure enough, that barium went down.....

The oil isn't weak it pretty stout and it did its job. Keep a eye on the sodium and potassium both are slightly trending up. Nothing to be concerned right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back