2017 Toyota 4Runner 1GR-FE UOA VW 0w30 synthetic 5200 miles

Finally got around to sending out my sample to blackstone. Been usingd Using VW's Mobil 0w30 synthetic 5000 oci's for the past 30k miles as I got a bunch stashed up from over the years.

s-l400.jpg

Screenshot_20221006_194138.jpg

You need to run Toyota in the Toyota otherwise you will get brand name clash. Other that the brand name clash, the numbers look great.

Do you idle and short trip it a lot? I expected it to have a higher tbn. Other than that the report looks good.

well this oil was originally put in the toyota back in early February 2022 so it was in the truck for roughly 7months , so living out in NJ im sure this sample had about 10min of idle per morning and night per day warming up the truck in the winter months.

as for trip wise my normal commute one week is 6.0 miles each way and every other week is 14.0 miles each way commute with every other saturday driving 40mi each way. i really wouldn't consider it being short trips as it gives it enough time to fully heat up the oil

Last edited:
that's a happy Runner. Iron at ~1ppm/1000k miles is right on for these 1GR's and everything else is basically noise. TBN is disappointing honestly, i'd keep running this grade but pick a different brand after you finish this stash up, and keep doing a 5-7k mile change.

I run 7k on whatever the cheapest 0w20 is at the time, so this report looks fine by me. I'm mostly highway these days, so I'm sure I could go to 10k if needed.

Back