2017 Lincoln MKX Black Label

Any thoughts on this vehicle, or known problems? My Daughter just bought one and told me about it last night.
Has about 100,000 miles and all the bells and whistles. Taking me for a ride tomorrow. Said I could get a massage from the seat.

Personally, I would have steered her to something brand new, minus the fancy crap, but that is not the way she rolls. I would prefer new and plain Jane, but not her I guess. Just wanted to hear any input.

They are nice vehicles, not very common on the road and the expected reliability should be average as any standard Ford product since it shares common driveline parts. The bells and whistles might be another story.

Any thoughts on this vehicle, or known problems? My Daughter just bought one and told me about it last night.
Has about 100,000 miles and all the bells and whistles. Taking me for a ride tomorrow. Said I could get a massage from the seat.

Personally, I would have steered her to something brand new, minus the fancy crap, but that is not the way she rolls. I would prefer new and plain Jane, but not her I guess. Just wanted to hear any input.
My cousin started to buy his wife a black one in 2018. She saw and test drove a 2018 Navigator. It followed them home.
They are VERY NICE cars though.

I would expect that the Black Label to have the same reliability and/or issues as any other version of the same vehicle/engine/options etc.
I'm sure that this BL is a very nice vehicle. Good luck to your daughter. (y)

I think it has average reliability. If it has the 3.7 V6, it has an expensive internal water pump replacement cost due to labor if caught in time. If not caught in time, I think it can leak coolant into the engine causing a milkshake inside. Sorry to have to tell you. This may be on higher mileages though.

Personally, I would have steered her to something brand new, minus the fancy crap, but that is not the way she rolls. I would prefer new and plain Jane, but not her I guess.
Best not project ones own preferences onto others in a car buying decision. Even in today's market I assume she paid one third of what a new one would have cost her. Lower monthly payment, lower tax payment, lower insurance rates. Sure it may require more service, but except for the water pump which may be 50,000 or 100,000 miles later, it doesn't have any expensive repair history. Some people like sunroofs, power windows, or a nice sound system even if you don't care for those. Congratulate her on good financial judgement. Most younger people just care about the monthly payment and a new car smell, no matter what it costs.

Back