2017 Land Rover Discovery

Did the Discovery this week...didn't take any whole shots of it before, but it was hammered. Looks like the PO had a fetish for touch washes! I'd say I corrected about 95% of it. Not worth going any more on something that will get used off-road anyway and is a DD!
Decontaminated the paint with BF iron remover, washed with D110, clayed and then used PoorBoy's SSR2.5 on an orange pad with my Dewalt 20v XR DA. Then used BL All-in-one on a blue light polishing pad. Tires are DG 253. Interior I used BF at 4:1 and Ultimata Interior Protectant on all of surfaces besides the seats. On the seats I used Gyeon Strong Leather Cleaner and then Leather Shield. Haven't worked with white in a long time but it certainly has a nice glow now!
m9YgwNzl.jpg

Q6QVDy0l.jpg

Hq0PBiil.jpg

wlffvlul.jpg

49mnswjl.jpg

sqA62csl.jpg

oPXqKy6l.jpg

03CD0oul.jpg

1yiprjvl.jpg

UdZItasl.jpg

lXVI7Fal.jpg

ETWcUBml.jpg

PF, great job...looks great! I like the color of that interior. I have only had leather in one of my cars over my lifetime, and I can appreciate the maintenance it takes to keep it nice looking.

Nice SUV, are you intending on doing your own maintenance on it???
For the most part, yes. For stuff I can't do I'll use the guy I've used for the past 10 years that's great with LRs.
Nice work! Looks brand new.
Are the dents in the rear seat back leather due to child seats?
I don't think so, I think just from being folded. I don't see any signs that any one use the third row on it! I don't use it either.
Nice, always wished LR put way back seats in the RR...
Didn't they for the newest FFRR?
PF, great job...looks great! I like the color of that interior. I have only had leather in one of my cars over my lifetime, and I can appreciate the maintenance it takes to keep it nice looking.
Thanks! I actually think leather is easier to maintain. this coating lasts a year and all I do it wipe it down a few times a year with a damp rag. Rain, snow, mud doesn't effect it!

Back