2017 Infiniti Q60S | 3.0L V6 (VR30DDTT) | Valvoline Modern Engine 5W30 | 4,255 mi OCI

Latest UOA for my 2017 Infiniti Q60S "Red Sport" AWD with a twin-turbo, 3.0L V6 (VR30DDTT), which has been Ecutek-tuned since 14k miles.

For the last 4 OCIs, I switched to a slightly-larger Nissan P/N 15208-9E01A oil filter.

With Modern Engine Oil no longer available, I will be switching to Valvoline Extended Protection 5W30.

1630599436910.jpg

1630599376951.jpg

Must… not… resist the urge to go THICKER. Screw the tree huggers. Engine protection should be #1. 😁
He still might be in warranty, so probably good to stick with 5w30 and short OCI. That said I agree with you, this engine is beating down the oil at every UOA. If the book spec is SN or SN+ you could probably go with a Euro 5w30 that also met SN like PP Euro L that has a higher starting viscosity and higher HTHS that still meets the requirement.

He still might be in warranty, so probably good to stick with 5w30 and short OCI. That said I agree with you, this engine is beating down the oil at every UOA. If the book spec is SN or SN+ you could probably go with a Euro 5w30 that also met SN like PP Euro L that has a higher starting viscosity and higher HTHS that still meets the requirement.
The OE spec, iirc, is 0w20 with no other recommended oils or temp ranges, according to the owners manual. Also, OP mentioned an ecutek tune, which would void the warranty if detected. I’d imagine if they were snooping around for reasons to deny an engine warranty claim, they would check that first over your oil viscosity.

I see no issue with going with a good quality 0w30 or 5w30. Potentially even an 0w40, but I’d imagine you’d have to look for low/mid SAPS due to the VR30 being direct injection.

looks pretty good. modern engine looks to have been replaced by EP since the price looks the same and valv EP is supposed to have 300ppm of moly so no downgrade

The OE spec, iirc, is 0w20 with no other recommended oils or temp ranges, according to the owners manual. Also, OP mentioned an ecutek tune, which would void the warranty if detected. I’d imagine if they were snooping around for reasons to deny an engine warranty claim, they would check that first over your oil viscosity.

I see no issue with going with a good quality 0w30 or 5w30. Potentially even an 0w40, but I’d imagine you’d have to look for low/mid SAPS due to the VR30 being direct injection.
true but just about any api sn or newer oil should do just fine. i have a friend with an older ecoboost f150 and he uses delo 400 thats sn/ck rated and has no lspi. lspi is a concern with sm or older. sn started the lower calcium higher magnesium trend for lspi. sn plus and sp are just continuations. modern gdi/mpi engines dont really have lspi issues so i like them.

Correct. 0W20 is shown in the owners manual, but I've been using 5W30 since the 2nd oil change.

Since this is a DI engine, and I have a tune, fuel dilution and oil shear-down has always been a concern, which is why I stick with max 5k OCIs.

Back