2017 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L Oil Consumption Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
* Ditto ... 57K miles on a '17 Hyundai already ?? ... No issues or oil usage with my same 2017 Hyundai at all !!
Originally Posted By: PimTac
Something is not making sense here. She drive 10 minutes to and from school, hates driving on freeways and yet she has 57000 miles on a 2017 Hyundai?

My guess; oil is not being checked often, running wrong filters, leaking, etc. What are the OCI?

Fishing.

Hold on...it’s actually a 2016, I’m just remembering!

Last edited:
On my 2011 2.4L the book says 4.9 quarts of motor oil, however Hyundai did a TSB and engine knock test to my car, and they replaced the dip stick with a new one, so now my full mark is right around 5.25 quarts.

Mine has 57k miles on it. This is not a car for your girlfriend, or someone who does not tinker with cars. It requires more attention than my Toyotas for sure.

Mine uses a little oil. In a 3750 miles, I will top it up with 1/2 quart or so. You can not check the oil whatsoever unless the engine is stone cold. If you checked the oil level while hot, you aren't going to get even close to the right reading.

I suggest you adhere to the 3750 severe service oil change, and have her check the oil once a week. Mine will dryknock very slightly at startup with the OEM filter if it is down 1/2 quart and it goes away as soon as I get it up to full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back