2017 Honda CRV 1.5T, Mobil 1 EP 0W-20, 8,731 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last UOA: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...nda-cr-v-1-5t-mobil-1-ep-0w-20-10-188-mi
No changes in driving profile. The car continues to call for an oil service about every 9K miles (15% remaining).

Right before this oil was installed, I updated the engine software calibration to the latest edition available. I think the revised software calibration is part of the oil dilution campaign that is being performed in certain states. Unfortunately we are not eligible for the campaign in CA but luckily the software was available thru the Honda J2534 tool so I took advantage.

Note: The oil has 8,731 miles. The filter has about 1500 miles more. I had initially performed an oil and filter change at about ~28K. When I performed the software update at 30K, I drained and refilled the engine oil only (as specified by the bulletin). Filter was Genuine Honda.

The vehicle is under Honda care until ~120K miles so we are not too concerned about engine wear.

CRV2.PNG

Last edited:
I'm curious how EP 5w20 would do. This UOA looks better than most with this engine.

You dumped the old oil at 2K only? Couldn't you just use it to, say 30% remaining life instead of 15% so you don't waste it?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PandaBear
You dumped the old oil at 2K only? Couldn't you just use it to, say 30% remaining life instead of 15% so you don't waste it?

I wanted to get a "fresh start" to see if the new calibration helped with the fuel dilution issue.

Plus the TSB specifically advises to drain and refill the oil (but not replace the filter) after performing the programming.

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Was the oil level high, low or right on the upper mark?

The oil level was perfect.

Originally Posted by Tjbouwhu
Do you remember what the TSB# was?
Thanks,

I do not, sorry.

my mom has 20k miles on her 2017 EX. has had the oil changed 2 times . so about 6500 miles it gets to 15%. both times they overfilled it. this is at 2 different dealers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back