2017 Ford 6.7PS ~14.3k miles Valvoline Premium Blue

I was really interested in how this uoa would look. It is by far the most abused fill of oil this truck has seen. I went longer on change than I wanted to, did a lot of heavy towing, etc. This is also the run where I got my loaded trailer stuck at the end of a dirt road, the truck was screaming for 2 hours while I maneuvered out, very high rpm 4x4 up very steep slopes etc. Truck did better than the driver :) but hey I got it out. I almost called for a wrecker to get me out though.

I674295-ONLINE18580000-001.jpg

Looks good to me. I have 2 oil changes of this product to run in a freightliner at work to test it. What filtration are you using?

Looks good to me. I have 4 gallons of this oil but in 5W40 weight and will use it at some point when my CJ-4 supply is exhausted.

The fuel dilution looks to be the first issue you will hit if you wanted to extend the OCI.

Looks good to me. I have 4 gallons of this oil but in 5W40 weight and will use it at some point when my CJ-4 supply is exhausted.

The fuel dilution looks to be the first issue you will hit if you wanted to extend the OCI.
Some of my earlier runs were on the 5w40 weight. Given my location and the cost difference I switched to the 15w40 and have not really seen an appreciable difference.

I would at this point have no problem doing 15k on this oil and maybe trying to stretch it to 20. Unfortunately my desire to try the Kirkland oil has killed that experiment and I will be back to ~10k for now.

2020 Porsche Cayenne
2017 Ford F250 6.7 PS
2016 Ford F150 3.5 EB
2016 Porsche 981 GTS
2015 Ford Mustang 2.3 EB
My car list is getting long
smile

1994 Porsche 968 Coupe
1987 Porsche 944 Turbo

Does every car you own have a turbo?

2020 Porsche Cayenne
2017 Ford F250 6.7 PS
2016 Ford F150 3.5 EB
2016 Porsche 981 GTS
2015 Ford Mustang 2.3 EB
My car list is getting long
smile

1994 Porsche 968 Coupe
1987 Porsche 944 Turbo

Does every car you own have a turbo?
The 981 and the 968 are normally aspirated, and my 2 favorites to drive :)

Looks great 👍 I’m running MC 10w30 in my 17 6.7 for the winter , it sees ALOT of short trips where it’s barely getting up to temp, sometimes doesn’t warm up fully due to distance, even the long way. These engines don’t produce enough heat (from working) in cold weather (<32*F). I’d be afraid to get UOA after winter 🤣

Looks great 👍 I’m running MC 10w30 in my 17 6.7 for the winter , it sees ALOT of short trips where it’s barely getting up to temp, sometimes doesn’t warm up fully due to distance, even the long way. These engines don’t produce enough heat (from working) in cold weather (
I use a custom winter front (pipe insulation) for the winter. Helps to get temps up and keep them there. I just make sure to pull a few sections if it gets warm out or if I’m going to do a regen. I inhibit regens and usually shoot for 500 to 600 miles between them. Seems to be working well.

I was really interested in how this uoa would look. It is by far the most abused fill of oil this truck has seen. I went longer on change than I wanted to, did a lot of heavy towing, etc. This is also the run where I got my loaded trailer stuck at the end of a dirt road, the truck was screaming for 2 hours while I maneuvered out, very high rpm 4x4 up very steep slopes etc. Truck did better than the driver :) but hey I got it out. I almost called for a wrecker to get me out though.

View attachment 36140
Looks awesome . Almost to 15k Mark. lead and tin appeared for the first time in this report? Any thoughts on it? 1 ppm isn’t anything to worry about. It’s just curious that it is there now when it wasn’t before.

Looks awesome . Almost to 15k Mark. lead and tin appeared for the first time in this report? Any thoughts on it? 1 ppm isn’t anything to worry about. It’s just curious that it is there now when it wasn’t before.
I don't worry about metals that have 1ppm occasionally. I look at it as noise in the results. If they start trending up on every UOA then I will start to watch them. You see it all the time in UOA's, random readings that appear out of nowhere and then never come back.

I don't worry about metals that have 1ppm occasionally. I look at it as noise in the results. If they start trending up on every UOA then I will start to watch them. You see it all the time in UOA's, random readings that appear out of nowhere and then never come back.
Agreed. Any idea on hours in sump on this oci?

How often do you see regens?
I don't track my regens anymore. When I was they were anywhere between 300 and 500 miles. It was highly dependant on my driving style. Around town saw the lower end of the scale and highway driving often went to the 500 max.

Back