2017 F250 6.7 ~12k miles Kirkland 15w40

Lot's of towing this round. Changed a little earlier than I wanted but I was doing some other maint and decided to do it

I961651-ONLINE18580000-001.jpg

Lot's of towing this round. Changed a little earlier than I wanted but I was doing some other maint and decided to do it

View attachment 120714
How many miles do you have on your 6.7? This sample looks excellent either way. pretty sure that Fram, Oreilly's, kirkland, there is a few more cheap oils that are formulated the same it seems. I've heard they are blended by the same manufacturer.

How many miles do you have on your 6.7? This sample looks excellent either way. pretty sure that Fram, Oreilly's, kirkland, there is a few more cheap oils that are formulated the same it seems. I've heard they are blended by the same manufacturer.
Little over 151,000 right now.

Little over 151,000 right now.
That's great! Your avg miles are 12,622 with an avg wear rate on iron of 28 over these 5 sample's.

My last Oil sample on my 6.0L powerstroke was 5,335 miles / Iron 18. If I were using your iron wear rate on my 6.0L it would be 11.84 fe. That's fantastic for 150k mile machine. My 6.0L has 96k. Thanks for posting!

5 samples averaging a tad above 2ppm/1k miles of Fe is very good for a towing application. Very good indeed.
The other metals are low enough to just be ignored.
All contaminnants are low.
Soldier on!

I'm not familar with this product, but it seems to be doing just fine.

5 samples averaging a tad above 2ppm/1k miles of Fe is very good for a towing application. Very good indeed.
The other metals are low enough to just be ignored.
All contaminnants are low.
Soldier on!

I'm not familar with this product, but it seems to be doing just fine.
Not familiar with the oil? It's Costco house brand, rumored to be the same or similar as supertech. I think the last 5 uoa from this truck are with it.

Assuming same regimen, what is the farthest you would take this oil?
I've been wanting to go 15k for awhile but the timing of when I do my oil changes has not worked out.

I feel 15k is totally doable and honestly if it got stuck in there for up to 20 I probably wouldn't worry (too much :) )

Not familiar with the oil? It's Costco house brand, rumored to be the same or similar as supertech. I think the last 5 uoa from this truck are with it.
I recognize the brand name, certainly.
I was perhaps less than descriptive in my question ...
I'm not familiar with the composition and make up. Is this a conventional, semi or full syn? Do you have a VOA for the oil?

The results are admirable. Just was curious about the lube itself.

I'm not familiar with the composition and make up. Is this a conventional, semi or full syn? Do you have a VOA for the oil?

Currently blended by Warren. It's a regular dino I am pretty sure. I would be surprised if it's much different than supertech.

I am willing to send some in for a VOA next time I send samples in if you are interested

No mention of being synthetic or synthetic blend as far as I can tell from Costco website and product images Dave.

I'll be sending in a sample from the Kohler KDI this week, so I'll send in some of the Kirkland for a VOA as well

Can you explain the change in fuel dilution from sample 12 to 13 to 14? Any reason you would know of?
No I can't. It's always been like that, sometimes it comes back high, sometimes zero. Could be related to how close to a regen it was sampled but I don't track that.

So your guess is as good as mine :)

BTW my previous 2 6.7's did the same thing

Back