2017 Ducati Desert Sled

Status
Not open for further replies.
ducati-scrambler-desert-sled.jpg

http://www.cycleworld.com/2017-ducati-scrambler-desert-sled-motorcycle-review-first-ride#page-12

This is an interesting development, It is more than just some cosmetics it actually has some off road ability.

I'd think this is a hard market to break into, considering some bikes in this niche (mainly KTM and BMW) are already so highly regarded and trusted.

I do LOVE the retro 70's look - kind of reminds me of my ol' '74 Honda MT250 Elsinore.

I agree, I'm not sure it is going to be a sales success, though I hope it is. It is a confusing niche they have gone for.

It isn't really a "dirt bike" or even a dual sport. It isn't an adventure bike (Ducati accessory configurator not updated, but one assumes it won't have hard bags and such).

I can imagine it being fun in the desert (no desert around here so imagine is the best I can do) or perhaps fire/logging roads or just out in the boondocks where you can run into dirt and gravel with regularity...

It DOES look good, particularly the red... I'm just not sure what I'd actually use it for.

I like it. What a great looking bike. I used to ride a KLR650 and took it on day trips to the desert. I can see these selling around here.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
This bike is cool, but I'm really lusting after a 1299 Superleggera.

Better hurry, only a few left...
grin.gif

thise are scary. Good looking 1290 KTM Dukes.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

Better hurry, only a few left...
grin.gif

A buddy owns a multi-line Dealership, including Ducati, and has said he can get me one if I want.

The issue I'm having is that I've always been an I-4 guy. V-twins just haven't produced the same inspiration for me. However this could be the exception. Then there's the fact that it is not cheap, AND there's a BMW HP4 RACE Motorcycle coming out later this year... However I already have a '15 S1000RR that's been lightened and tuned up an additional 20+rwhp.

Decisions, decisions...

Great looking bike but I think it weighs about 50 lbs more than a "regular" Ducati Scrambler. 450 lbs or so is way too much for a real desert sled that will actually get ridden off the highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back