2017 CRV

Status
Not open for further replies.
2017-honda-cr-v-photos-and-info-news-car-and-driver-photo-671759-s-429x262.jpg

Motortrend 2017 CRV

Thoughts? Bit of an eyesore but turbo option is cool.

I dont understand a turbo fuel economy option as premium.

They have a 2.4 180 hp/184tq N/A and a 1.5L turbo 190hp/179TQ

I'm all for turbo but

Sounds like it would be a good base engine and go for a v6 or bigger turbo for premium option.

turbo with only 10 more hp and less torque? i'd go for the na motor.

We are looking a small vehicle like this, but the cvt trans takes it off the list. We will probably test drive the jeep renegade , the mazda cx-3 , maybe a rav4.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
The small ones just keep getting bigger and bigger.

True, just like the small trucks. They got bigger.

Originally Posted By: Rand
I dont understand a turbo fuel economy option as premium.

They have a 2.4 180 hp/184tq N/A and a 1.5L turbo 190hp/179TQ

I'm all for turbo but

Sounds like it would be a good base engine and go for a v6 or bigger turbo for premium option.

The difference is that with a modern turbo engine, peak torque occurs more quickly than with most NA engines.

Many current DOHC engines don't produce near full torque until 4000 RPM, but many newer turbo engines built for fuel efficiency reach that point around 2000 RPM.

Doesn't look too bad. Doesn't look like a grandma car like the previous generation, and certainly looks better than a RAV4.

Looks more premium than the previous gen. The torque down low from the turbo will be nice. Some of you are so fixated on the numbers, the turbo may have slightly less torque but all that torque is available down low so you will have more oomph in your daily driving.

We have been building these where I work. Trust me, the vehicle has much more power in the low end and it's very fun to drive. The interiors are absolutely sweet.

Also, don't discount the appearance until you see one in person. It is very well-proportioned and much more aggressive than the ones rolling down the line right now.

Last edited:
This car is the soccer mom special. Honda cars are just larger lawn mowers. I bought my wife a honda pilot, and she likes it, until I picked up this X5M...first thing she said, the honda is to slow!

Hondas going up for sale tommorrow

Last edited:
That's funny - besides, a Pilot looks out of place in your signature collection ...
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: 4WD
That's funny - besides, a Pilot looks out of place in your signature collection ...
wink.gif

Yep, and I paid 35k for it new...not worth it in my opinion. It burns oil at a pretty good clip too. Only car I've ever bought from a dealership...I'm a auction car buyer..

I think the exterior styling looks pretty smart, and the interior styling is a huge improvement. They say it's also 2" wider, which I would like (my '08 felt just a little tight inside). I'm sure it will continue to be one of the top sellers in its class.

I think all of the new Honda's coming out are hideous, This actually isn't too bad though. Reminds me of the new Jeep Cherokee with the stepped rear end and high front grill. I saw a new Civic and Pilot the other day and thought the same thing, *****. Especially the rear end of the civic, its huge! The Pilot looks like every other amorphous curvy blob shaped "SUV" coming out today...ah-hem... Pathfinder...

The interior looks really nice though, thumbs up on that Honda. The wheels, not so great...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back