Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 1JZ_E46
Originally Posted by blackbirdws611
Last question, Im now between :
-0w20 Castrol Edge FTT
-0w20 Castrol Magnatec

Any opinons?

EDGE is a higher quality oil than Magnatec and is priced as such. If it were me, I would use Edge.

LOL then it stands to reason that Gold Jug EDGE is the best. Well at least when you can find it like I did at Walmart for $17 a Jug.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
-0w20 Castrol Edge FTT
-0w20 Castrol Magnatec

Any opinons?

EDGE is a higher quality oil than Magnatec and is priced as such. If it were me, I would use Edge.

LOL then it stands to reason that Gold Jug EDGE is the best. Well at least when you can find it like I did at Walmart for $17 a Jug.

Nice find. Within a particular brand, price is probably the best indicator of relative performance. Unfortunately for the OP, gold bottle EDGE is still lacking in the newer specs (SN+ and d1g2)... at least from what I have seen on the shelves.

True, Gold Edge doesn't conform to d1G2 as far as the spec sheet indicates. I would have no issue using either Edge Black or Magnatec, OP.

Last edited:
Made a choice
wink.gif

IMG_2280.JPG

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
-0w20 Castrol Edge FTT
-0w20 Castrol Magnatec

Any opinons?

Nice find. Within a particular brand, price is probably the best indicator of relative performance. Unfortunately for the OP, gold bottle EDGE is still lacking in the newer specs (SN+ and d1g2)... at least from what I have seen on the shelves.

Well you may be right on that but the current price of over $30 a Jug it should be starting to look good to the people that think high cost is the clue to best. I would have never bought it at the then regular price of $27 something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back