2017 Civic 6MT Hatchback, 30000mi mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clocked 30k mi on my hatchback this afternoon and exactly 2yrs of ownership (1st yr - 16k, 2nd yr - 14k). The car has been nothing but good - knock on wood but it has been to the shop once only for recall work. Car has been last 3 OCI on 5w30 diet with no sick effects. Still getting 37-38mpg with no issues. A year ago had tranny fluid swapped with Amsoil MTF and it dramatically improved shifting experience. Paintwork has been carefullly corrected last year and ceramic coated (done it myself, honda paint is not terrible to work with at all) and really is a pleasure to look at and washing car is a breeze. Obviously, due to lots of highway driving there are few chips on the hood and doors that I had filled in with DrColorchip so they aren't visible much. Interior has been swapped with Katzkin leather and it was a great decision - very high quality leather (as much leather as it is) at reasonable cost. In general, car is absolutely amazing, does all I need it to do. I've done UOA on all of the OCI and they are posted on here if anyone is interested. Also, if you're in a doubt whether this car is a good buy or not - I can assure you that it is GOOD BUY.

Anyhow, hope this will help someone to finally pull the trigger and get a Civic 6MT!!!

Cheers

Glad you are enjoying it
thumbsup2.gif

No, it's holding up well. Granted i'm the only passenger/driver of this car for the most part as i use it for daily commute to work of 60mi average. I usually whipe the interior down every couple of weeks with dedicated interior cleaner (capro inside - really good stuff) and it seems to be plenty enough. Plus the car is garaged so that helps as well

Not sure what is so notorious about this engine but i would imagine you are referring to fuel dilution. Yea, UOA reports show there is a fuel but wear numbers are low and it really doesn't concerns me much. This is a great peppy engine which combined with manual tranny delivers a lot of driving fun. And stellar fuel economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back