2017 Chevy Spark, choice of 2 AC Delco filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
The UPF64R UltraGuard Gold is the top dog filter from AC Delco and shares the application with the newest Vettes. It has the high pressure rating in the bypass valve and the 98 % at 25/30 microns filtration number. Well worth the extra 2 bucks in my opinion.

Last edited:
when my wife had the 2014 spark I used the OE Delco's made in Korea. PF68 I believe were the filter, not much knowledge of the ones listed above.

Originally Posted by Oildudeny
when my wife had the 2014 spark I used the OE Delco's made in Korea. PF68 I believe were the filter, not much knowledge of the ones listed above.

I believe the change was made in 2016 when they went from the 1.2 liter engine to the 1.4 liter engine.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot

I believe the change was made in 2016 when they went from the 1.2 liter engine to the 1.4 liter engine.

oh cool they upped the engine size in the later models, the 2014 was painfully slow equipped with the cvt.. of course the spark was bought with economy in mind I did feel the car was sort of dangerous for merging onto highway ramps there was just no steam to get out of its own way. not a bad car though if highway and mountains weren't in your commute we just had too many transmission issues so we traded it in and took our loses before we needed a transmission.

oh cool they upped the engine size in the later models, the 2014 was painfully slow equipped with the cvt.. of course the spark was bought with economy in mind I did feel the car was sort of dangerous for merging onto highway ramps there was just no steam to get out of its own way. not a bad car though if highway and mountains weren't in your commute we just had too many transmission issues so we traded it in and took our loses before we needed a transmission.

I have a '16 spark with 5 sp manual. It does pretty well. Beautiful match engine vs transmission. 29K miles on it and it has averaged in that time 36.5 mpg on short trips only.

Originally Posted by atikovi
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/chevrolet,2017,spark,1.4l+l4,3434394,engine,oil+filter,5340

PF64 for $3.04 or UPF64R Ultraguard Gold for $5.10? The PF64 would ship from another warehouse and be actually $3 more. What is Ultraguard Gold? Never seen that before. I don't usually fuss over two bucks but I'm placing an order for other parts and would just toss this in.

Find out which Delco is listed in your owners manual. That;s the one to use.

Some engines are not built for more restricted media. Some engine prefer x-amount of flow. Just because a filter has improved micron ratings, doesn't mean it belongs attached to your specific engine.

Our 18 sparks list the UPF64R in the manuals only. The PF64 has the lower bypass rating and is not technically an acceptable replacement. But there is a fram ultra out there, just waiting to see it on shelves (XG12060 i believe).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back