2017 Acura MDX - Mobil 1 EP 0W-20

Okay, thanks I guess. I apologize for not spelling out every elaborate detail in the question I'm attempting to ask.

I am approaching this from the perspective that I have seen multiple UOA reports for this specific engine in multiple different vehicles in which this same oil was used and often times the exact same filter was used as well. In those other instances it seems that Honda's maintenance minder did not get down to 5% until perhaps 9000 miles or so.

So my question is, why is it in this case did the MM get down to 5% before 6000 miles when commonly the MM does not get down to 5% until several thousand miles later with the same engine using the same oil in other cases? Perhaps it's operating conditions, perhaps it's the oil... I just thought I would ask for more perspective.

HAVE A NICE DAY 🥴
Has nothing to do with the oil, the vehicle can’t determine anything about it. It is based purely on driving habits such as ambient temp, short tripping, idle time etc. The lowest I have ever seen on one when showing oil service due was 3000 km. They must only drive it 2 km at a time.

Has nothing to do with the oil, the vehicle can’t determine anything about it. It is based purely on driving habits such as ambient temp, short tripping, idle time etc. The lowest I have ever seen on one when showing oil service due was 3000 km. They must only drive it 2 km at a time.

Okay, thanks I guess. Hopefully we can hear from the driver who drives the vehicle and had the UOA performed for their perspective now.

HAVE A NICE DAY ☺️

Your making my point. Why was it diluted and not sheared? I say sheared as there is no proof of dilution.
Blackstone doesn't measure fuel dilution, and their percentages have shown when, contrasted to GC, which actually does measure fuel, to be way off.

The flash point is the tell, it's 385F, which points to far more fuel than indicated.

The virgin FP for this oil is 455F BTW.

Blackstone doesn't measure fuel dilution, and their percentages have shown when, contrasted to GC, which actually does measure fuel, to be way off.

The flash point is the tell, it's 385F, which points to far more fuel than indicated.

The virgin FP for this oil is 455F BTW.
So you are saying the volatility of the Fuel added to the oil lowered its flash point? Got it. I guess I was relying on the Blackstone fuel analysis as I have seen them show numbers of up to 2% in the past and did not pay attention to the virgin flash point.

So you are saying the volatility of the Fuel added to the oil lowered its flash point? Got it. I guess I was relying on the Blackstone fuel analysis as I have seen them show numbers of up to 2% in the past and did not pay attention to the virgin flash point.

Exactly!
GC (Gas Chromatography) is the only accurate method with which to measure true fuel content. A few of the labs do this and back-to-back UOA's of the same oil sent to Blackstone and a lab that does GC showed a huge difference in the amount of fuel measured.

Unfortunately, because we get a lot of Blackstone UOA's, and because they don't properly measure fuel, we have a lot of people that note shear when in reality it's mostly, or entirely, fuel.

Okay, thanks I guess. I apologize for not spelling out every elaborate detail in the question I'm attempting to ask.

I am approaching this from the perspective that I have seen multiple UOA reports for this specific engine in multiple different vehicles in which this same oil was used and often times the exact same filter was used as well. In those other instances it seems that Honda's maintenance minder did not get down to 5% until perhaps 9000 miles or so.

So my question is, why is it in this case did the MM get down to 5% before 6000 miles when commonly the MM does not get down to 5% until several thousand miles later with the same engine using the same oil in other cases? Perhaps it's operating conditions, perhaps it's the oil... I just thought I would ask for more perspective.

HAVE A NICE DAY 🥴
There is something about your driving habits that caused MM to count down faster than normal this but it is COMPLETELY independent of the oil used. Said another way, if you replaced the oil after 1000 miles and didn't reset the MM it would continue to count down as if the orginal fill was still in there because it has no way to know the actual condition of the oil beyond you drove x miles, you idled x hours, the oil temp was Y, average engine speed was Z, etc, etc, etc.

Back