2017 Accord Sport Super tech 5w20 conv 6304 miles

I personally would not be happy with the drop in viscosity, even though the engine didn't seem to mind.
The OLM was at 50% when I changed it, don’t think I would have wanted to know what the tbn and visc would have been had I ran it down to 5-10%
I refilled with 5W30 Castrol EP and will stick with 5 or 0W30 here on out

I have 2 gallons of Amsoil XL 0W20 I bought when I bought a case of Amsoil cvt fluid. I kinda want to see how that would hold up since I already have it but after I used that up I will stick with _W30

I may just use the Xl in my wife’s Altima

Awesome report. Engine obviously doesn’t care one bit, under your driving conditions.

this oil would have made it to blackstone’s 7,300 average @ 1.0 TBN and called it quits on you.

i think a stronger oil is definitely in order so there’s a stronger buffer for harsher conditions / lab error.

i don’t know why they even waste time & make conventional oil these days. Group III synthetic is stronger. Synthetic blend at a minimum, in my humble opinion. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Awesome report. Engine obviously doesn’t care one bit, under your driving conditions.

this oil would have made it to blackstone’s 7,300 average @ 1.0 TBN and called it quits on you.

i think a stronger oil is definitely in order so there’s a stronger buffer for harsher conditions / lab error.

i don’t know why they even waste time & make conventional oil these days. Group III synthetic is stronger. Synthetic blend at a minimum, in my humble opinion. 🤷🏻‍♂️
My daily commute is 16 miles each way to work, less than a mile from start up to the highway where I set the cruise to speed limit of 65mph, then once I take my exit it’s about 1.5 miles to work going around 30ish mph.
hoping my commute will allow me to get 300-400K miles out of this motor and cvt

I’m gonna be sticking with a 0 or 5w30 going forward
I think this is a no brainer going forward. Still an excellent report on a modern engine with conventional 5w20. Supertech does it again. Maybe stock up on Supertech 5w30 and 0w20 5qt jugs and go half/half. But yes, for $1 more the full synthetic flavor is probably worth it.

Back