2017 Accord Sport Chevron Supreme 5W30 4,427 miles

Second UOA on car. Chevron Supreme 5W30 ran for 4,427 miles. Oil filter was a Fram Ultra that had a run of Castrol Edge EP 5W30 and two Chevron 5W30 for a total of 17K miles on it. I have 12 more 5 Quart jugs of Chevron Supreme 5W30 that I am going to run with the Ultra with 5-6000 mile oil changes and change out the filter every third oil change.
First UOA was Supertech 5W20.

Attachments

• 17 ACCORD SPORT-220315 2nd uoa edit - Copy1024_1.jpg
    17 ACCORD SPORT-220315 2nd uoa edit - Copy1024_1.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
its not letting me upload the report from blackstone, keeps saying it has an invalid extension. Trying to figure it out. Will post it if I get it figured out.

Second UOA on car. Chevron Supreme 5W30 ran for 4,427 miles. Oil filter was a Fram Ultra that had a run of Castrol Edge EP 5W30 and two Chevron 5W30 for a total of 17K miles on it. I have 12 more 5 Quart jugs of Chevron Supreme 5W30 that I am going to run with the Ultra with 5-6000 mile oil changes and change out the filter every third oil change.
:eek:o_O

Not really sure what you are meaning?
If the filter is rated for 20K miles, why cant I use it for 3 oci's of 5K or 6K miles for 15-18K miles on the filter?
The only reason I replied like that is explained in my signature. I'm not condemning you, just the use of an oil filter that many times. But, to each his own. ;) (y)
Chevron oil is a great oil. I have (4) 5 qt. containers of Chevron Supreme synthetic blend 5W30 that will be used in my engine in the near future.

The only reason I replied like that is explained in my signature. I'm not condemning you, just the use of an oil filter that many times. But, to each his own. ;) (y)
Chevron oil is a great oil. I have (4) 5 qt. containers of Chevron Supreme synthetic blend 5W30 that will be used in my engine in the near future.
ah, I see that now. If i was more observant I would have seen that 😂

If it's any consolation, Chevron Supreme runs thin for a 5W30 and is a good candidate for a fuel diluting engine that calls for 20 grade. The VOA I saw showed it starting at 10.19 cSt. The wear metals have gone up on a PPM/1000 mile basis, but on an absolute level, are still really good for 4.4k. Any idea when you got this Chevron Supreme? The VOA I saw also had 287 PPM moly while yours shows less than half that.

Your reuse of oil filter was ballsy, but you definitely proved that the Fram Ultra is capable of 20K -- the 0.2% insoluables is impressive for 17k.

Thanks for sharing your UOA with us.

If it's any consolation, Chevron Supreme runs thin for a 5W30 and is a good candidate for a fuel diluting engine that calls for 20 grade. The VOA I saw showed it starting at 10.19 cSt. The wear metals have gone up on a PPM/1000 mile basis, but on an absolute level, are still really good for 4.4k. Any idea when you got this Chevron Supreme? The VOA I saw also had 287 PPM moly while yours shows less than half that.

Your reuse of oil filter was ballsy, but you definitely proved that the Fram Ultra is capable of 20K -- the 0.2% insoluables is impressive for 17k.

Thanks for sharing your UOA with us.
I bought 6 jugs in October 2020 and that were sn+ And got 6 more in December 2020 that said syn blend and are sp pretty sure I am using up the sn+ ones first. When I get around 80K miles on it I will use the sp and have a uoa done. Am at 60K miles now

I just figure if I have an oil filter that is designed for “up to” 20K miles me doing 3 runs if 5-5500 miles give or take for each oci I should be ok

@02zx9r rev2 you theoretically can. Seems to be working just fine for you. Looking at only insolubles isn’t enough data though.

Imagine the filter gets totally clogged and enters bypass mode for the remaining 2,000 miles before you pull a sample. Insolubles would be thru the roof but so will engine wear. 😬

Chevron Supreme is available at Roses Dept. stores in my area for $3.59/qt. Not too bad of a deal nowadays for single qts. of an oil of this rating. I have never seen it available anywhere else around here (GA/SC).

Back