2016 Ugly Prius got crushed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: itguy08
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Only few cars sale went up, one of them was Civic up 2.7% last month and up 22% year to date. Civic may surpass Camry as best selling car for 2016.
People must be blind. I've seen quite a few of the new Civics and they are God Awful Ugly. As ***** as the Crosstour was.

The Crosstour was very bad looking, that why it didn't sale very well and it had been discontinued.

Either most 2016 Civic buyers are blind or you are. Of all cars of the top 10 only Civic sale were up for the month of May and year-to-date. The only flaw(my opinion) in the styling of the new Civic is the wide chrome bar on front of the grill.

I couldn't find any car critic complaint about the new Civic styling, only you. If you can find a reputable car magazine has a negative opinion about Civic styling please let me know.

Either most 2016 Civic buyers are blind or you are. Of all cars of the top 10 only Civic sale were up for the month of May and year-to-date. The only flaw(my opinion) in the styling of the new Civic is the wide chrome bar on front of the grill.

I couldn't find any car critic complaint about the new Civic styling, only you. If you can find a reputable car magazine has a negative opinion about Civic styling please let me know.

You must not have looked hard as Googling 2016 Civic Ugly gets plenty of hits. Many find it ugly.
Motor Trend: Refreshing or Revolting: 2016 Honda Civic Sedan http://www.motortrend.com/news/refreshing-or-revolting-2016-honda-civic-sedan/

Civic enthusiasts forum: http://www.10thcivicforum.com/forum/13-10th-gen-honda-civic-pictures/4930-civic-coupe-ugly.html

http://www.torquenews.com/1574/2016-civic-coupe-released-first-impression-mixed-reviews

The nice thing about the Civic is people think it's this awesome car (it's not; my Dad owns an 08 and it's mediocre in most respects.) and it will sell regardless of how it looks. Solely based on that "reputation".

Sorry if I offended the Altar of Honda but this thing is *****. IMHO Most Honda designs are not that good.

You must not have looked hard as Googling 2016 Civic Ugly gets plenty of hits. Many find it ugly.
Motor Trend: Refreshing or Revolting: 2016 Honda Civic Sedan http://www.motortrend.com/news/refreshing-or-revolting-2016-honda-civic-sedan/

Civic enthusiasts forum: http://www.10thcivicforum.com/forum/13-10th-gen-honda-civic-pictures/4930-civic-coupe-ugly.html

http://www.torquenews.com/1574/2016-civic-coupe-released-first-impression-mixed-reviews

The nice thing about the Civic is people think it's this awesome car (it's not; my Dad owns an 08 and it's mediocre in most respects.) and it will sell regardless of how it looks. Solely based on that "reputation".

Sorry if I offended the Altar of Honda but this thing is *****. IMHO Most Honda designs are not that good.

Will you tell me why new Prius sale is going down in May 2016 compares with May 2015, and 2016 year-to-date sale was down compares with 2015, even fuel economy is better than before ?

Why 2016 Civic sale go up in May 2016 compares with May 2015, and 2016 year-to-date sale was up compares with 2015 ?

As I said the Crosstour was a bad design, but most other Honda didn't have vomiting exterior styling like the many new Toyota and Lexus vehicles.

According to motortrend.com article you linked, they didn't say Civic styling is ugly, the only negative comments in the article was about new Prius:

Originally Posted By: motortrend.com
Last week, we looked at the styling of the all-new 2016 Toyota Prius hybrid, which received an overwhelming number of negative comments. A few positive comments include one from sappy_stuff: “Maybe it looks better in person.” And curiosity: “Very edgy styling, but I will reserve judgment until I see what the other models look like.”

Negative comments include those by leo1, who said, “I think the Webster’s dictionary…should replace the definition of ugly and hideous with pictures of this car. Maybe that’s what Toyota was going for.” Ev01 said, “This is vomit-inducingly hideous. REVOLTING ON ANY CHART.” British_Boy_007 exclaimed: “Kill it with fire!!!! (After taking out the batteries first of course.)”

I think you need to see a doctor to check your eyes.

Or you need to go back to Junior High to improve your reading skill.

PS. According to the cars.com top 10 best sellers only 4 cars was on the list. Of those 4 cars only Civic sale was up both May and YTD, Accord downs on May but up YTD, both Camry and Corolla were down the month of May and YTD.

According to you Camry and Corolla should have better sale for the month of May and YTD, because they have "reputation" of most reliable car in any study.

Last edited:
Perhaps you need reading comprehension skills. I never said anything about how it sells other than the Civic sells on "reputation". That's why my Dad bought one. I've driven it. Mediocre in every way possible. However I think that's about par for the class of cars.

I really don't care how well it sells; I think it's *****. Just like the Crosstour. If it sells well that's fine by me. But I still find it a *****, mediocre car. Why does that bother you so much?

Last edited:
Perhaps you need reading comprehension skills. I never said anything about how it sells other than the Civic sells on "reputation". That's why my Dad bought one. I've driven it. Mediocre in every way possible. However I think that's about par for the class of cars.

I really don't care how well it sells; I think it's *****. Just like the Crosstour. If it sells well that's fine by me. But I still find it a *****, mediocre car. Why does that bother you so much?

This is your previous post:

Anywhere in the 3 articles you linked anyone said the Civic was ugly as you claimed ?

In your motortrend.com linked the only time the term "Ugly" was used was reference to Prius. Will you reread the motortrend.com and tell me where in that article the author said Civic and ugly in the same sentence.

Honda isn't known for exterior styling, their design isn't great but rarely offense anyone, except may be the Crosstour.

If you dropped out of junior high, you should go back there to study reading again, probably fifth or sixth grade level.

Also, you need to have your eyes examined by a doctor.

Anywhere in the 3 articles you linked anyone said the Civic was ugly as you claimed ?

Did you miss the thread link ON A CIVIC FORUM calling it UGLY?

Quote:
As someone commented today in social media: “Baby got back,” [censored] ugly,” and, "When will we see the Si?" In other words, 2016 Civic Coupe will come to market with mixed reviews as to its ‘balance’ of design; it’s that first impression, knee jerk reaction.

Quote:
If you dropped out of junior high, you should go back there to study reading again, probably fifth or sixth grade level.

Also, you need to have your eyes examined by a doctor.

I read fine, thanks. And my eyes are still 20/20 despite decades staring at computer screens.

I think you need to have your eyes and head examined by a doctor. I find the design ***** and you seem to take it personal. Why? Does it bother you that some find it to be ugly? Why do you even care? Did you design it? Work for Honda? What cause it's the styling of a car and you seem to be hung up on it!

In the end I care not because neither vehicle appeals to me (Prius or Civic) so I don't care if you love or hate the styling. But for some reason you find it unsettling that I think the Civic is God-Awful Ugly....

Last edited:
What bothers me is the real ugly design are the 2016 Prius, Mirai ... and saying the 2016 Civic ugly is the same as saying it is in the same class with Prius, Mirai

2016 Prius, it looks worse in person

NA-2016-Toyota-Prius-28.jpg

2016-Toyota-Prius-39.jpg

2016 Mirai, worse of all vehicles on the road, but you don't have to look at it in person because it is only available in California.

2016-toyota-mirai_100489839_l.jpg

2016-toyota-mirai_100489843_l.jpg

2016 Civic, doesn't looks good but not as offensive as Mirai or Prius.

2016-honda-civic-sdn_100530613_l.jpg

2016-Honda-Civic-sedan-LX-rear-rendering.jpg

With these pictures and you still think that the Civic is ugly looking then you should go see an eye doctor a brain doctor.

You need to know that people buy or don't buy Toyota or Honda not because of good styling, but an ugly exterior did do some damage.

2016 Prius is better in term of fuel economy, driving ... than 2015 and before, but sale is dropping substantial because of the exterior styling, isn't it ? Or you think 2016 Prius is beautiful ?

Why all the top selling cars only Civic is up last month and YTD ? If its styling is ugly why people are buying it in drove ? Can you explain why Civic is selling more than last year while all other cars are down ?

To you people are blind in buying Civic, to those people your eyes are in needed of a good exam by a good doctor.

Anyone can have an opinion about a car styling, you don't need to like 2016 Civic(or any year for that matter), but calling it ugly is just wrong and that why I am correcting you.

Last edited:
New Civic is pretty sharp, nicest looking it has been since the '96-'00 gen.

Prius was never a good looking car...frankly I think the latest gen is the best looking. Japanese cars got beat with the ugly stick since the turn of the century, and never were that great looking to begin with!

With these pictures and you still think that the Civic is ugly looking then you should go see an eye doctor a brain doctor.

To you people are blind in buying Civic, to those people your eyes are in needed of a good exam by a good doctor.

Anyone can have an opinion about a car styling, you don't need to like 2016 Civic(or any year for that matter), but calling it ugly is just wrong and that why I am correcting you.

They are both *****. Tastes are different and neither are wrong. To insist that I'm in need of an eye exam or whatever is nonsense. I find the styling of both to be God Awful Ugly. Your berating that I need my eyes examined and whatnot will not change that.

Sorry if that offends or upsets you. Me thinks you have some connection to Honda since it bothers you so much that someone finds a car neither of us own to be ugly. And even more interesting is that you harp on it so much. IMHO the last generation of Civic was somewhat better looking but still not a style star.

I don't have any connection with Honda other than owning the S2000 for more than 10 years.

I may own some Honda stocks with owning some Fidelity Mutual Funds.

People must be blind. I've seen quite a few of the new Civics and they are God Awful Ugly. As ***** as the Crosstour was.

They are both *****. Tastes are different and neither are wrong. To insist that I'm in need of an eye exam or whatever is nonsense. I find the styling of both to be God Awful Ugly. Your berating that I need my eyes examined and whatnot will not change that.

Did you see what is wrong with you ?

You said that people must be blind for buying 2016 Civic because it is "God Awful Ugly". Then you said "Tastes are different and neither are wrong".

If the 2016 Civic is "God Awful Ugly" then why more people are buying it while all cars are selling less than last year(SUV and PU are up)? Will you answer this question ?

Why 2016 Prius sale is down substantial while its MPG and driving dynamic are better than ever ? Isn't it partially because of its awful styling ?

Ugly or not, the Prius, Camry and Corolla are the worlds most reliable cars. That's according to "www.truedelta.com". This trio has the fewest repairs of any of the other choices. That alone makes them worthy of consideration.

It's not surprising to see these models as being 3x more reliable than some other competing choices.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cujet
Ugly or not, the Prius, Camry and Corolla are the worlds most reliable cars. That's according to "www.truedelta.com". This trio has the fewest repairs of any of the other choices. That alone makes them worthy of consideration.

It's not surprising to see these models as being 3x more reliable than some other competing choices.

Agreed.

Toyota in general are very reliable. Camry and Corolla are 2 of the best sellers of all cars in US because they are so reliable, and people bought them in drove for this reason. If you look at vehicle comparison by any car magazine, Camry and Corolla were never winners but people didn't care about that.

Previous Prius was very reliable and new one should be too, but the new exterior styling is so abnormal such that its sale was down substantial last month and YTD compares with 2015.

If the new Prius has better fuel economy and more responsive than previous model then why sale went down so substantial ? The only reason I can think of is its styling. If you see one in person you will understand why so few bought it.

If gas prices go back up they will sell in respectable numbers......

Originally Posted By: CKN
If gas prices go back up they will sell in respectable numbers......

Sure, it will sale in a better volume with higher gas price. But, the new styling did some damage to the current sale volume.

Chevy Volt 2016 YTD volume: 7871 vs 4398 of 2015 YTD(Jan-May), an increase of about 80%. Better performance, better electric range and better styling = better sale volume.

Toyota Prius PHV 2016 YTD volume: 31 vs 2426 of 2015 YTD(Jan-May),a decrease of about 99%. Better performance but worse styling therefore no sale.

http://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/

That may well be, but, I would not spend MY coin on ANY of them, even if they were 1000x "more reliable" than ANY car I would buy.
31.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

That may well be, but, I would not spend MY coin on ANY of them, even if they were 1000x "more reliable" than ANY car I would buy.
31.gif

Seeing how your car is 16 years old...would you buy ANY NEW CAR?

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: dailydriver

31.gif

Seeing how your car is 16 years old...would you buy ANY NEW CAR?

Actually, yes, I am seriously looking at the Fiesta ST, as I keep hearing what a hoot they are to drive (and just how UN-appliance-like they are in THAT respect), and just how much 'bang for the buck' performance they have, right off the showroom floor (just like my "16 year old", $19K when bought new, car.
wink.gif

Cheap gas and Trucks/SUVs surge. Who'd have thunk it?

Prius sales down on cheap gas. Who'd have thunk it?

Ugly iconic styling drops sales. Etc.

Nothing to see here. Move along, people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back