2016 Trax hard start

this morning my car started fine. Went home quick, and went to start it again, and it would crank but not start. 3 attempts later and it was fine. Now the auto power driver window won't go up or down, and the car starts, but slower than normal. So i drove to work, and asked my buddy to loon at it, and now the window works and car starts like new. Someone help, is the window draining power?

I would start with pulling codes followed by a battery re-boot. Lots of talk on the Trax forums that a battery that has a shorted cell causing all sorts of electrical problems.

Maybe the windows "forgot" where top and bottom were. I had that happen on my '04 VW after a battery disconnect. Each time I'd have to run the windows up and down manually so it could relearn the limits.

I have to wonder if your battery is on the way out. Sudden (near) death, got lucky that it eventually started, but maybe it's time. Did it crank slowly? Alternatively, it might be something else, like old spark plugs causing a flooding condition.

Check the battery voltage while it is disconnected. It should be on the order of 12.5 volts. If it is low charge it for a while with an AC powered charger, disconnect and check again. If it doesn't come up the battery is faulty.

You should see ~14VDC across the battery at idle with a voltmeter. Any less, it could be a batter or charging system problem.

Haven't got a chance to check it out. However, it seems easier to start after a long drive and harder to start after it has been sitting.

I got the battery tested at advance auto parts. The gentleman stated that the battery is at half capacity and it also read that cranking power was poor. I replaced the battery, and all seems fine. The true test will be in the morning after the car has been sitting. I guess sometimes batteries just fail? Thanks for the replies.

Back