2016 Toyota 4Runner Factory Fill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bvance554
Its brand new. Look at your owners manual and change it when it says with what it says. No need to ask the peanut gallery.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Use the owners manual recommendation. Ed

This is what i'm doing with my 2016 Toyota Corolla. Not the slightest worry.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
That truck will run for ten years no matter what oil you put in it!

I've rented a 2015 4Runner and really liked it.

Great choice on the new truck. Congrats!

Is this a TROLL post ??

Originally Posted By: virginoil
Originally Posted By: Astro14
That truck will run for ten years no matter what oil you put in it!

I've rented a 2015 4Runner and really liked it.

Great choice on the new truck. Congrats!

Is this a TROLL post ??
No !

virginoil that's not a troll, the 4Runeer with its sister Tacoma are one the most (probably the most) reliable vehicles on the market today. Since 2008, we have a 2003 4Runner and with more than 200,000 miles (321,000km) driven, No issues of any kind at all and we don't baby her. as someone said, that engine runs with the cheapest pancake syrup you can find.

Yes the dealer includes 2 free changes. I have had poor luck with dealers doing cruddy work on my vehicles so I do them myself. I also save time by doing myself and not having to wait for the dealership.

Thanks Cadenza. We are excited about the truck. Good to hear the 4runner will handle any oil you throw at it. What model did you end up purchasing? We did the SR5 Premium.

I have a 2015 Toyota 4Runner. I absolutely love it and I'm a stickler about maintenance. That being said, I ran the factory fill to 9,000 miles. My T4R didn't burn a drop of oil. I've just followed the factory instructions (roughly 9-10k changes). It doesn't burn a drop of oil and the oil still looks factory new at that point. I've got 30k on the truck now and fully expect it to last 300k. All changes have been done at the dealer b/c oil changes are a PITA due to the skid plate... (they've either used TGMO from individual bottles or bulk Mobil One.. I got this from the mgr. of the parts department). I think we spend way to much time overthinking this stuff. T4R's are bullet proof.

Last edited:
Honestly I wouldn't worry about changing the oil out early, the factory recommends the first oil change at 10K for a reason. I got my Camry's oil changed at about 9K, only because it was nearing the year mark. They gave me no hassle about doing it early. Its been run hard since day one and never burned a drop. Dealer confirmed they used TGMO on the first change.

Today stopped by the Toyota dealership and purchased a few Toyota 4Runner oil filters and drain bolt crush washers, so that I have a few in my stash. Have 25-30 quarts of Molbil 1 EP 0W20, which two of our cars use. Seems like everyone is all over the board in respect to recommendations. I will plan to drain the FF between 3-4K miles and then shift to the OLM after that. Thanks for all of the perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back