2016 suburban 5.3 AMSOIL ASM 0w-20, 8,430 miles

Since my UOA's were not looking good at all with the high oil change interval. I figured to take a sample early. Seems something isn't right with the tune. Nitration way to high and so is fuel dilution. My 2002 Silverado had the same issue. Seems I get the good ones with this problem. Need to look up other GM 5.3 UOA's and compare.

Attachments

• Unit 297 test July 2021.pdf
    565.8 KB · Views: 114
I think it's pretty clear from your UOA history that you're intervals are longer than your engine wants. What justification do you have to run those long intervals? The nitration and oxidation numbers say you consistently go longer than you probably should. Direct injected engines, especially ones with AFM and variable valve timing are known to be harder on oil than your 2002 5.3 was which didn't have any of those features.

I'm going to sample again at 5k and see what is up. We also just moved and so our new driving style and area will come into play. Not out in the country like before so it might be worse. More stop and go traffic style of driving around here.

Back