2016 Overland Jeep Wrangler Oil/Filter

Originally Posted by Since1941
Hey, Guys. How do I upload photos here? I want to upload some filters and oil prices. Can it be done from an iPhone? Thanks
If you choose the icon I outlined below you can upload direct to the site. Otherwise, you have to have a 3rd party host.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
Hey, Guys. How do I upload photos here? I want to upload some filters and oil prices. Can it be done from an iPhone? Thanks
If you choose the icon I outlined below you can upload direct to the site. Otherwise, you have to have a 3rd party host.

[Linked Image]

Got it fixed!

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Since1941: thank you for great quality pics
thumbsup2.gif

You're welcome! Don't know anything about the ST filter, but I found the quality really nice. Made in USA, also. The Fram is definitely different than canister filters. Not sure if that matters.

thumbsup2.gif

You're welcome! Don't know anything about the ST filter, but I found the quality really nice. Made in USA, also. The Fram is definitely different than canister filters. Not sure if that matters.

I believe the FRAM ultra is I believe a synthetic media. ZeeOSix knows way more than I do on the subject

thumbsup2.gif

I believe the FRAM ultra is I believe a synthetic media. ZeeOSix knows way more than I do on the subject

It has synthetic media and from what I have seen is either wire-backed (spin-on) or plastic mesh backed (cartridges).

thumbsup2.gif

It has synthetic media and from what I have seen is either wire-backed (spin-on) or plastic mesh backed (cartridges).

Thank you!

Was at the store, and looked at the Fram Ultra again. You can see the plastic backing in the picture I took. Also noticed Wix is making their filters in China now.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Was at the store, and looked at the Fram Ultra again. You can see the plastic backing in the picture I took. Also noticed Wix is making their filters in China now.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yep, lots of cartridge filters WIX wise we use are China made now. We are switching over to MAHLE and MANN

Thank You for great quality pics sir
10.gif

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yep, lots of cartridge filters WIX wise we use are China made now. We are switching over to MAHLE and MANN

Thank You for great quality pics sir
10.gif

You're welcome! Yes, the only US made ones I've found in the last day are Supertech. Mobile 1 and Fram are South Korea. Others are China.

Last edited:

You're welcome! Yes, the only US made ones I've found in the last day are Supertech. Mobile 1 and Fram are South Korea. Others are China.
Mopar is also made in USA. I have used Mopar, Hastings, Mahle, WIX, and FRAM Ultra.

The Ultra gets the nod.

Mopar is also made in USA. I have used Mopar, Hastings, Mahle, WIX, and FRAM Ultra.

The Ultra gets the nod.

Awesome! I was looking at that one. Now I just need to decide on an oil to use.

Now I just need to decide on an oil to use.
Oodles out there and for the most part they will all work similarly. I am running Castrol Edge, but will switch to Kendall GT-1 Max on my next OC. The Pentastar is not very picky when it comes to oil. Pick your favorite flavor and roll with it.

All the major brands are good oils. Valvoline, Pwennzoil, Mobil-1, Rotella Gas & Truck, Quaker State, Kendall, Motorcraft is moving to a full synthetic at Walmart.
On a tight budget, there's Castrol Magnatec, Kirkland, Supertech, Napa.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
All the major brands are good oils. Valvoline, Pwennzoil, Mobil-1, Rotella Gas & Truck, Quaker State, Kendall, Motorcraft is moving to a full synthetic at Walmart.
On a tight budget, there's Castrol Magnatec, Kirkland, Supertech, Napa.

See above. For some reason it didn't quote you.

Back