2016 Hyundai elantra gt base

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brother had a 2005 elantra, lasted 150,000+ miles with the original clutch. Overall was trouble free for him. For you, personally $13K for a 1 year old hyundai is high, I wouldn't pay more than $11K for it.

The 100,000 drivetrain warranty does not pass on to the 2nd owner, unless a certified car from dealer.

Originally Posted By: FirstNissan
Brother had a 2005 elantra, lasted 150,000+ miles with the original clutch. Overall was trouble free for him. For you, personally $13K for a 1 year old hyundai is high, I wouldn't pay more than $11K for it.

New they are $18,000, so $13,000 for a year old one in great shape would be OK. Maybe could dicker them down though. Check used car prices on Edmunds.com or the many other sites. Maybe truecar.com would be useful for finding out.

Originally Posted By: fields
The 100,000 drivetrain warranty does not pass on to the 2nd owner, unless a certified car from dealer.
Strange, a dealer told me the 5 year warranty is transferable, need to verify if it is or not for sure.

FirstNissan, you were right, Edmunds.com says a manual transmission Elantra GT with that many miles goes for $11,200, so the $13,000 might be too high

elantra GT is the hatch? they are decent.

5/60000 warranty transfers not the 10/100000 powertrain

Originally Posted By: toneydoc
why don't you look for a good used Corolla, Corollaman?
I own a 2012 Corolla, my friend owns a 2012 Elantra. In my opinion Toyota rested on their reputation too long. It was hard to admit but I think the Elantra was the better car then and maybe now.

Originally Posted By: fields

The bumper to bumper 5 year warranty is still on.

Googled:
Hyundai warranty transferable
Once the car leaves the original purchaser, the second and subsequent owners have a five-year/60,000-mile-from the manufacturing date-warranty. Hyundai’s bumper-to-bumper coverage is transferable when the car swaps owners. It’s good for five years/60,000 miles.
Is Hyundai’s 10-year/100,000-mile warranty transferable ...
ask.cars.com/2008/04/hyundai-warrant.html

Its not a bumper to bumper warranty, its the "hyundai limited warranty"

Doesnt cover wear items, electronics only 2 years etc.

Hyundai 10 year warranty was a joke when my brother inquired about it. They have set intervals for service that are excessive and expensive in order to keep it valid. In the end for him he chose to void his own warranty since he kept to his own maintenance schedule.

When I was car shopping last year, an Elantra GT was my first choice. I went for a Sentra instead because I could not find one in the price range that I wanted to pay near me. They aren't as fuel efficient as the sedan, but there is much more cargo space and a bit more horsepower.

Never had an issue with warranty work or coverage. Hyundai has been upstanding with me.

Take a peak under the front.

Make sure that the bumper and bottom engine cover are intact and securely fastened.

Low ground clearance.

NOTE - It is a hassle to change the oil on this car because of the bottom engine cover.

Originally Posted By: Rand
Its not a bumper to bumper warranty, its the "hyundai limited warranty"

Doesnt cover wear items, electronics only 2 years etc.

Of course not. No Bumper-to-Bumper ever covered wear items (windshield wipers, brake pads, tires).
However, say if the radiator springs a leak, you're covered, that type of thing, in this case a 5-year warranty where Ford only does 3 years.

My 5 year 100 000 km waranty on my Kia Optima just ran out in December. The three or four times I had to take the car in were never a problem. It was always covered. I would buy a Kia again. The dealership is much better than the Honda dealership in my town. I have had five Civics through the years and currently have a 2005 with 76 000 km.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back