2016 HD FLHTK Limited Spectro Golden 25W-50 Semi-Synthetic

I recently changed my engine oil after 2,375 miles and 13 months since the last OCI. Thank you covid-19...... for ruining my 2020 riding season. Also at the time I changed my primary oil and transmission fluid both with Spectro products. This 103 twin cam is a wonderful motor so far! No complaints. Looking forward to a covid free 2021 riding season!

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/post-your-latest-motorcycle-oil-change.214713/page-17

Scan_20201106.jpg

Last edited:
The oil weigh in title is incorrect. 20W..... not 25W...... proof reading obviously neglected.....and my link I did the same thing for the OCI? Wow, have been using 20W-50 for YEARS! Is senility finally setting in?

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the UOA on the Spectro. Results look good as the other previous one.
Not much to comment on, looks just as good as many of these fantastic engines. My 14 RK is my first Harley and NEVER did I think I would go 30,000 miles without a repair. This is the way it should be, the bikes aren't cheap but I just love the construction.

Im sending out a sample today on my 2014 103HO RK. I used to change 3 times a year, now down to 2 times a year and even with that said, only put 2000 miles on the oil this summer but I am changing it anyway, I tried a ONE TIME experiment using an oil other then my favorite JT8.
I was curious and will post the results and explanation when I get them.
Our limited riding time was not because of COVID, we still did our annual trip to the Smoky Mountains/Cashiers/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg and a couple trips to the beach, however my wife bought a new to us boat in 2019 and it has cut into our riding time! (she's a good wife though and its all good)
We have done everything we always do every summer, no change other then being aware and more careful.

Last edited:
Thx alarmguy. I've been very pleased with my twin cam motors using V-Twin 20W-50 oils. I had no issues with my last 08 RK for 56,000 trouble free miles other than the pinching of the front ABS wire behind the nacelle which was under warranty. Since my 16 FLHTK is a wet head I chose to run semi-synthetic. Spectro Products have always been a favorite even though I mainly used Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50 in the 08 RK engine.

Looking forward to your OA for your 14 RK. I'm familiar with Mystik JT8 oil products.

I’m a fan of semi synthetics in high performance vehicles and motorcycles.
Although I use JT8 almost exclusively since I had the bike, this experimental test was to compare mobil1 15/50 for just this one time only.
It’s good to hear your bikes are so reliable, Gosh that bike has a ton of options on it!
Great engines for sure.

Last edited:
Back