2016 Ford F250 6.2L 186k mi; Schaeffer 5w30 6.4k mi (174 hrs)

***also used 1 pint of Schaeffer 132. This was from 100% down to 14% on IOLM. Same oil back in but didn't have any 132 to add this time.

1710457635457.jpg

1710457694032.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tin is much higher than I'd expect & Fe is higher than the last sample w/equivalent mileage. Probably due to extra towing this run? Vanadium, & Antimony are present which might be from the 132 additive. They want you to get some extra mileage out of this oil w/the 2k extra suggestion but since you've changed the oil it's not in your plans to do that. I'd say it was a good run! Thanks

Is this the 9000 series or 7000 series oil?

Here's the PDS on the additive: https://www.schaefferoil.com/documents/37-132-td.pdf
Lots of moly in the UOA; from this additive. I'm not sure how much moly is in the oil itself, relative to what this additive increases the value.
Doesn't seem to me to have reduced wear much. Will be interesting to see how the results fare in this next run without the additive.

Tin is much higher than I'd expect & Fe is higher than the last sample w/equivalent mileage. Probably due to extra towing this run? Vanadium, & Antimony are present which might be from the 132 additive. They want you to get some extra mileage out of this oil w/the 2k extra suggestion but since you've changed the oil it's not in your plans to do that. I'd say it was a good run! Thanks
Yes, more towing and I’m primarily using it to respond to fire calls. There’s been several cold starts where I absolutely stood on it as soon as I hit pavement. Lots of idling too.

Is this the 9000 series or 7000 series oil?

Here's the PDS on the additive: https://www.schaefferoil.com/documents/37-132-td.pdf
Lots of moly in the UOA; from this additive. I'm not sure how much moly is in the oil itself, relative to what this additive increases the value.
Doesn't seem to me to have reduced wear much. Will be interesting to see how the results fare in this next run without the additive.
9000 series

Another once powerhouse oil corrupted by weakened add packs of today's SP licenses oils in 5w30 non-Euro.
If this isn't GTL base, then how does Schaeffer justify the higher prices?

Wait - this also contains 1 pint of Schaeffer 132 Oil Treatment? I regress then! Without knowing what a VOA of the oil treatment reads, then there's no way to judge what's inside this oil sample. :confused:

Last edited:
Back