2016 Ford 3.5EB ~9.2K miles Delo 15w40

Well this report is a little weird. I used some really old Delo and that might be the problem. But somewhere in the back of my brain I had issues with oxidation and Delo before. I wonder if I had a bad batch or if just really hates this engine. BTW it say's premium blue but its Delo

16097L01987-E-I-449607-Sev3-001.jpg

Yeah...I wouldn't put that in that again. Why aren't you using Magnatec? Cheap and holds up to 3.5 abuse.

i'm no expert on uoa's wear metals don't seem to be to bad compared to other samples you have , the 11th sample shows high ox as well, maybe an issue with the engine in some form as they state ?? Don't think i would be overly concerned at this point.

I would go back to the oil you were using in the first samples as a start.

Silicon doubled in this interval...might want to check AF system. Don’t know if extra solids would affect oxidization.

To be honest, I would really worry...all wear metals are under control, and there is still some TBN. Yeah, oil took a beating and is done, but it did it’s job.

What was oil #10?

EDIT: Found it. VPB 15W-40

Don't know if I've ever seen a 3.5EB with only 1 ppm per 1,000 mi iron.

If your taking request and still running 15W-40 HDEO I would love to see how Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15W-40 compares.

Last edited:
Did you send in a VOA of the Delo for them to use for comparison? If I switch brands of oil I send a current VOA for comparison. They don't charge me anything for VOA specs.

If they are using viscosity specs for Valvoline Premium Blue, & viscosity is at a different level for Delo they may flag it based on that.

No VOA was just using up old oil I had. It's mostly gone now so this truck went back to Edge 0w40.
I'm not worried about this uoa or the last one really.
I do need to check the air filter, it has been really dusty where it operates.

Touch wood but this truck is running great but not getting used like it used to, lot's of shorter trips and a slightly dusty environment.

I agree they may have flagged the data based on thinking it was the premium blue. Sometimes I feel Polaris ignores the form I send in with the oil.

Back