2016 F-150 2.7 new to me

I just bought a 2016 Ford F-150 with the 2.7L turbo engine. Does anyone have one that has good or bad experiences with one? Mine has 30K miles on it, and the original owner changed the oil every 2K miles per CarFax. Was this needed as an OCI?

2,000 mile OCI is a complete waste and PITA.

I think I saw a member here that was running ST 5W30 syn with 10K mile intervals confirmed with UOA's.

I have a 2016 f150 with the 2.7 and it is my favorite f150 to date. While I miss the sound of a V8, everything else makes me forget about that. Currently at 82k on the odometer and I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

Oil changes every 2k is overkill. I've settled on 7500 mile changes ( approx) which is when the oil life percentage reads 25%. Running Castrol magnatec - seems to be a great fit with these.

2.7 is a pretty solid engine. The only common issue i have really heard of is the leaky plastic oil pans.

I do 5k miles on my 3.5L ecoboost F150, but roughly half my miles are towing these days, so they are hard miles.

I bought a 2016 off the lot new. I've been very pleased with the 2.7 and have no complaints. Oil change for me is between 5-6000 miles. Its an easy change on the 2.7 and the filter is up top cartridge style. I'm at 5 years and 111,000 miles.

Your previous owner sounds like a guy that enjoyed getting out of the house and money was not a problem.

The owner of the 2.7L F150 talked about in the link above, sold his at nearly 500,000 miles! Regular oil changes with quality oil.

I like our 2.7. It weeps coolant and the coolant lines on the back of the block, exacerbated after hard towing in the summer. Hasn’t been bad enough to address. Mine had the dreaded shift issues leaving 3rd, but as mentioned before, 2oz of lubeguard (a very small dose) completely transformed the transmission. The driveline is my favorite.

I get no chain noise through 8-10,000 miles when using a 10-30 synthetic oil, usually penzoil platinum, and it doesn’t come out looking abused.

On top of that, the hellwig rear sway bar for $440 may be the best accessory added to the truck. It transforms it on the lightest setting.

I just bought a 2016 Ford F-150 with the 2.7L turbo engine. Does anyone have one that has good or bad experiences with one? Mine has 30K miles on it, and the original owner changed the oil every 2K miles per CarFax. Was this needed as an OCI?
That is the way to buy a truck. I serviced a friend's. If I were buying right now...

I change mine in April and October which works out to around 5,000 miles give or take. So far the engine has been great. Good power and fuel economy. I've had a few minor issues with the truck like the backup camera recall and the stitching coming loose on the driver seat but those were addressed by the dealer without much hassle. The top mount oil filter is a plus. I do wish it was a canister style up top like our Subaru but it's still pretty convenient.

Back