2016 Camaro SS 6.2L LT1 Mobil1 0w-40 ESP, 7937 mi

This is the second oil change using M1 0w-40 ESP, but the first UOA. Filter used was a Fram Ultra XG12060, before the change from metal screens. Oil life monitor was at 1%. Engine is LT1, direct injection. Should I be concerned about the fuel dilution? I drove the car 30 miles home from work and immediately changed the oil. The car doesn't see short trips.

Attachments

• oil report.jpg
    oil report.jpg
    425.6 KB · Views: 479
I think that is a really good report. I wouldn't worry about the fuel dilution. Instead, I'd simply do another UOA at your next OCI. Track it. Try driving it more than 30 miles next OCI. It takes our stock motored German cars about 12 miles for the oil to reach operating temp, 10 of that on the highway at 70mph. You might not be warming up your oil as much as you think.

Anyway, that motor looks super healthy. I'd be stoked if that was my car.

Scott

Try letting it sit and bake for an hour after you come home (cool off) and then pull a sample.

The fuel shown isn’t a major problem at these levels. Could just be running rich from the factory and be “normal”.

Open her up and make some Real Heat under the hood.

In the end, your wear metals per 1000 miles are fantastic compared to universal averages. That is what you need to take away from this UOA.

Thank you all for the replies. I used a PF64 on this last oil change, so I'm curious if there will be a change in the wear metals. I know the Ultra is a great filter. Good to know that I shouldn't be worried about the fuel dilution.

This is the second oil change using M1 0w-40 ESP, but the first UOA. Filter used was a Fram Ultra XG12060, before the change from metal screens. Oil life monitor was at 1%. Engine is LT1, direct injection. Should I be concerned about the fuel dilution? I drove the car 30 miles home from work and immediately changed the oil. The car doesn't see short trips.
I don’t think I agree that l.3 fuel alone is enough to thin the oil out of grade.
I wonder if it just sheared down some.
Either way it dosent appear to be a problem.

Wouldn't worry about the oil thinning when 40wt is thicker than spec'd. Great report for that LT1. I wouldn't extend the interval if it were me. Instead I would change it around this mileage when it's the most convenient/best weather day.

This is where Blackstone and I disagree the flash point is down and the viscosity is waning. I'd move this OCI back to 7500 miles!
That's due to the fuel content being MUCH higher than the 1.3% they've inferred from the flashpoint. The OP should use another lab to find out real fuel % content (one that uses GC) and I agree, may need to cut back their interval if it is getting really high.

The fuel dilution is probably higher than Blackstone is reporting.
The oil analysis report says that M1 0w40 ESP was used, and that has a 100C viscosity of 13.2 cSt.
The measured viscosity was 10.1 cSt.
Using the Widman online viscosity calculator, it would take about 7.5% fuel content in the oil to produce that loss in viscosity:
1659660481900.jpg

That being said, the UOA had low wear metals, and the oil was still in the 30 grade at 7900 miles OCI.

The fuel dilution is probably higher than Blackstone is reporting.
The oil analysis report says that M1 0w40 ESP was used, and that has a 100C viscosity of 13.2 cSt.
The measured viscosity was 10.1 cSt.
Using the Widman online viscosity calculator, it would take about 7.5% fuel content in the oil to produce that loss in viscosity:
View attachment 111228

That being said, the UOA had low wear metals, and the oil was still in the 30 grade at 7900 miles OCI.
Yeah, Blackstone's fuel figures are completely off, lol. Need a lab that uses GC.

Looks good. OLM is calibrated well for your use.
If it didn't have the fuel dilution you could take the oci to 10k miles and/or use 0w-30

Back