2016 Audi A6 Quattro 2.0t oil drain

Hi Folks,
I acquired a 2016 Audi A6 late last year and I did the first oil change this past weekend. I've maintained my cars for more than 25 years and this being the first oil change on this particular car, I researched many online videos for reference points all of which pointed to the presence of an oil drain plug typically located near the passenger side of the car. After a thorough look at the oil pan from all sides, I was baffled at the apparent lack of an oil drain plug. I could not find any way to drain the oil other than through the oil sensor (pic attached). Has anyone else encountered this situation? Is it appropriate to use this method for future oil changes?
Thanks.

IMG_1064[2956].jpg

There should be a dipstick tube (with a cap) in the engine bay for use with an oil extractor.

Did you look at the sides of the pan? Plastic pan with a plastic plug should be on the vertical side of the pan towards the bottom.

[Linked Image from audiworld.com]

Last edited:
It's possible I missed it but I feel I checked it thoroughly. I will most likely put it back up on ramps to inspect it further in the near future.

Thanks so much for the prompt replies.

not an extractor fan, drain it hot + jack opposite side of plug after removing it + let it drain a while to remove the most dirty oil. this is a great forum but specific forums can be better IMO

Originally Posted by benjy
not an extractor fan, drain it hot + jack opposite side of plug after removing it + let it drain a while to remove the most dirty oil. this is a great forum but specific forums can be better IMO

Settle down there son! Go easy on those extraction fellaz. If you ever git snakebit them extractor dudes be Johny on the spot to suck the venom out up close and personal, using boca y lengue to ease your discomfit.

Theres definitely one, just did an A6 yesterday, check towards the rear of the pan. Its a good idea to have a new drain plug too.

Back